Memory Maker and Magic Shots

foxfamily238

Original Poster
We just got back from our vacation to Disney/universal. While at Disney we used the memory maker. We loved it! They got lots of great shots, especially of the interactions with our DD7 and the characters, and ETWB. We got some pics with all of us with some characters as well.

They did some pics of our DD posing like different princesses in front of the castle that turned out really good. They also got shots of all of us, DH, DD, and I, in front of the major icons.

We also really liked getting the ride photos.

We also loved getting the magic shots. For those who would like to know which ones were available, these are the magic shots we were able to get:

DD holding a few different versions of Tinker Bell.

DD holding baby Simba.

DD holding Mickey balloons while DH and I hold her to keep her from floating away,

DD holding Chip.

DH holding out hand while Jiminy Cricket floats above it with an umbrella.

Me holding butterflies.

Stitch coming out of the ground.

Olaf dancing in front of us.

The memory maker worked out great. We didn't have any missing pics, and ended up with over 200 pics before edits! Now we we are having fun adding stickers, borders, etc. We would highly recommend the memory maker to others :)

mrdrift

Great to hear that everything turned out good with all the pictures:). I've been hearing so many people complaining that pictures are missing from there vacation that I was getting worried about ordering the memory maker. Can you give me a little more detail on where you were able to take all of the extra shots were you hold thing and they add different Disney characters that you mention above? My daughter would love those kinds of pictures.

foxfamily238

Original Poster
Sure.

Holding Tinker Bell was in front of the castle at MK. (This version was with Tink standing.)

Holding the Mickey balloons was in front of the castle at MK as well.

There was another version of holding Tink with her sitting in the hand at AK.

Holding Simba was at AK.

Jiminy Cricket was at AK.

Butterflies pic was at AK.

Stitch pic was at AK.

There was one of Tink that looks like she's flying or leaping above the hand at Epcot.

And another one of Tink that looks like she's bowing on the hand in Epcot.

At HS, after they took a pic of us with the tower in the background, they had us go over to this little side
wall to do Chip in DD hand, and Olaf dancing in front of us.

We just looked for the photo pass people everywhere we went, and asked each one what magic shots they could do.

foxfamily238

Original Poster
Here are some examples of our magic shots:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 105

KARmom

Thanks so much! I just per-ordered our memory makers for when we go in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the tip to ask them which magic shots they do just in case they don't automatically offer it up. My DD will be turning 7 while we are down there and my other DD is 2 so I am really looking forward to getting a lot of great shots and with me in some of them too :) I think I will enjoy my vacation better knowing I don't have to be stuck behind a camera lens for 8 days LOL

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Great to hear that everything turned out good with all the pictures:). I've been hearing so many people complaining that pictures are missing from there vacation that I was getting worried about ordering the memory maker. Can you give me a little more detail on where you were able to take all of the extra shots were you hold thing and they add different Disney characters that you mention above? My daughter would love those kinds of pictures.

I like your avatar. My daughter is nuts about Kaepernick. Sorry, off topic. Couldn't resist a shout out to a fellow Niner's fan. Man, I miss the days of Montana and Rice.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I was wondering how well it worked. Got a free one with my resort reservation this summer. Keep getting the brochure to buy one, but it doesn't give much detail.

sissa216

Great, thanks for the report!

We always get Memory Maker (Photopass+ or CD, before)- the Olaf, Butterflies, and Jiminy Cricket are all new to me!

I LOVE that first picture with the purple shirt and hat, and Tinkerbell. That is an adorable picture!

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you got your money's worth from the package. We returned with a large group in December (Maybe 12 people? I can't even remember! haha), and had over 800 pictures!

tlev

I had not seen Jiminy Cricket, Olaf, or the butterflies. I will defintely search those out on the next trip. Thanks for sharing. I love Memory Maker, but I have had some problems with missing photos. Some they were able to locate, others they were not.

erins3204

Love the olaf one! Where did they take that picture? Aren't certain magic shots only available in certain areas?

oh, and the balloon one is adorable! Came out great!

foxfamily238

Original Poster
Thanks for the compliments on the pictures! The Olaf one was at HS. Not sure the exact location. The photo pass person first had us take some pics with TOT in the background, then took us to the side to this little wall where he did the Chip one and the Olaf one. We'll post the one we did with the tower as well, maybe that will give a better idea of the location. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 61

sissa216

I had noticed that photographers there had begun to face the opposite way as well, away from ToT. I hadn't seen them go to the wall though. Very cool to know, thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom