Memorial Day trip- recommendations

Sillysidewalker

We are traveling to the World over Memorial Day- squeal! Timing isn’t ideal with the holiday but with schedules these are the only days we can manage.

May 28th flight lands at 10am
Staying at AOA
5 day park hopper
June 1 flight leaves at 8pm

Traveling with our 4 kiddos 10,8,8,5

I am struggling with this whole park reservation system. ROTR is a must. I am will to devote multiple park days to it but I want to make sure to visit each park. I can’t decide if I should book a bunch of Hollywood Studio park days and just bail on them and go to another park? Ugh. I though this would be less stressful but it feels worse. Here are my thoughts..

Friday- reserve Hollywood Studios- try to ROTR from the airport. If no boarding group or our boarding group is too early bail on HS and try to change our park pass to AK.

Saturday- MK it’s our tradition to have our 1st full park day at MK and I am assuming HS will be slammed.

Sunday- I really want this to be an Epcot day but do I reserve HS try for ROTR and hope there are still EPCOT park passes?

Monday- I was hoping this could be our HS day.

Tues- MK we like to end our trip at MK but with this being a normal weekday contemplating HS again.

Ugh.

Was anyone in the parks MLK weekend that could give me insight on changing passes and park hopping availability? I know it’s been pretty quiet in the World so I doubt there has been enough business to compare.

Thanks in advance!

macefamily

My wife and I were down on MLK weekend to visit our daughter. We did Epcot on Saturday (all day) to do the Arts Festival, and we did MK, HS, and Epcot on Sunday. We couldn't get a reservation for ROTR which is our fourth strikeout in the past three visits in the past seven months. I'm very sour on how that system has been rolled out. Since it has opened, we have only ridden it once. To be honest, I'd rather ride ToT instead of RotR. Both experiences have their issues. When we visited two weeks ago, we desperately wanted to ride ToT and when we showed up to the queue it was horrible. It ran all the way back to the Phantasmic area, and people were laying down on the ground because it wasn't moving. We walked away and went to Toy Story. No thanks. ToT always seems to have at least two elevators down for maintenance issues. No wonder California scrapped it.

Upvote 0

macefamily

I do like your schedule. When our kids were smaller we would do the standard Friday to Sunday (9 days) schedule, but we take it in smaller bites now. We try to get a flight on Thursday night or Friday morning and do a long weekend returning on a weekday morning. The number of travelers is definitely much lower than traveling on weekends.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
My only recommendation: Don't do it!

Kidding of course. I just had a couple of flashbacks to the two years we went over Memorial day weekend. It was busy as all heck.
You got a solid plan there and I wouldn't change too much! I will say this -- we're going in May and definitely went heavy on park passes for DHS which we don't normally do, just because we haven't seen GE yet.

So if you're in the same boat I don't see anything wrong with leaning a little heavy in that direction too.

Enjoy your vacation!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom