News Membership Magic Beyond

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Get one bonus One-Time-Use Point for each One-Time-Use Point purchased! Members can purchase up to 12 Points for a total of 24 One-Time-Use Points in a Use Year. Excludes bookings offered through the hotel exchange program.

Joking aside, this is actually a nice benefit. Different ways to look at it, but one is to see it as buying 24 points for $10/point. This can toward reducing annual costs on the pile of Fort Wilderness points Disney is sitting on.

They may end up tightening language here because, as worded, it's not clear thst it's total of 24 per use year "per membership" or "per contract." If the latter, then people can take advantage of the deal multiple times.

mattpeto

“Other perks include the ability to purchase the Disney Sorcerer Pass for access to Walt Disney World parks…”

If that means I have to pay $99/person just to be able to purchase the Sorcerer AP, there may be a strongly worded email going to DVC in the near future.
Not laughing at you. But that would be terrible.

Disney Analyst

Yeah, just give them the perks as a DVC member. Why must there be a separate charge on top of the large sums of money they already pay for DVC to access this? Ohhhh...right....

They’ll only start to offer “free perks” if they see signs that people buying into DVC is decreasing. That’s the only reason companies these days offer any sort of perk, to entice customers back, or get new ones to buy in when numbers are declining.

Minthorne

I can safely say i will never pay for this "perk." The only good thing about it is that it doesn't remove any perks from the other members, bit it could make the eait to get into a lounge longer so that's a negative.
Unless they kick basic members from the lounge that is at capacity when a MMB member shows up. 😋

Sorry Mr Minthorne you need to leave now - there’s a MMB here that needs your spot.

nickys

Premium Member
“Other perks include the ability to purchase the Disney Sorcerer Pass for access to Walt Disney World parks…”

If that means I have to pay $99/person just to be able to purchase the Sorcerer AP, there may be a strongly worded email going to DVC in the near future.
No, you can use your points to buy the AP.

Ya know, just like you can use your points to book a cruise…..!

mattpeto

"Use your Points to purchase the Disney Sorcerer Pass to enjoy Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks."

I read that as use your points as collateral to purchase the Sorcerer Pass, like redeem for a cruise. But I could be wrong.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"Use your Points to purchase the Disney Sorcerer Pass to enjoy Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks."

I read that as use your points as collateral to purchase the Sorcerer Pass, like redeem for a cruise. But I could be wrong.
Yeah, I saw the email with better wording.

I still cannot fathom who thought this would be a good idea. Or what idiots requested something so insanely stupid.

thegoatfeeder

Personally I’m fine with this, but I can see it being frustrating for others. We come from the UK so get a really good deal on park tickets anyway (we have the DVC AP anyway, so kind of a moot point), and this scheme isn’t taking anything we already have away.

None of the ‘extras’ are compelling either, so its of not interest at all, but at least it’s not going to be a downer and take away something we already have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom