Meeting with the characters...

SnowWhite5669

The best time to see the Fab5 is just as World Showcase opens. They come out in their trolly and stop right at the entrance to the World Showcase. Donald & Daisy's line was the shortest. We got pictures with all the characters and didn't have to wait that long at all. Ok-here a question that maybe someone can answer for me what is the name of the Duck Character that wears a leather jacket and scarf. I got the best picture of him in front of Cinderella's castle with my husband. He was so cool but I can't remember for the life of me what his name is.... Thank you!:kiss:

TURKEY

I know that the characters have been giving autographs since 1982. That's when my first trip was and I have my autograph book from that trip.

I didn't really mind the autographs when I was there. The thing that I disliked were all the kids not in line running up and cutting people off. I saw many parents upset by this, but I just let them go.

I got mainly pictures made while on my CP. I only had a few select items autographed by characters and by selected characters. Many of them were by one of my friends who was a character.

Of course I never really had to stand in very many lines (mainly Toontown, Studio Mickey, Fantasyland). I always called to find out who, when, and where characters would be out and was there early being at the front of the lines. :D

hallowboy11

Original Poster
I guess my parents just never got me an autograph book. My family would travel there every year from 1980-1989... and I just never noticed characters giving autographs. LOL! But I don't think I missed out on much!

JoniTink

June 2001 being my first trip to WDW I had no idea what to expect........our party of 9 consisted of my hubby, daughter, myself, mother and father in law, hubby's sister, her hubby, and their 2 kids.....

we stopped at the Disney welcome center in Ocala just to get our first hint of Disney and also to purchase a few items (one of them being the autograph book and pen).....well the very first day at in the parks we headed to MK......the minute we came thru the gate we saw Baloo and King Louie signing autographs.....my 2 1/2 daughter bolted for them with her book wide open.....its probably the thing that I'll remember and treasure the most........anyways.....later on when we were at Liberty Sq. waiting on the parade.......Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Chip & Dale, and Goofy snuck up behind us...we were probably the 2nd or 3rd people to realize they were back there twidling thier thumbs.......so we took off that way......when it was my 5 year old niece's turn to get her pic and autograph I actually had a GROWN WOMAN push her out of the way so she could get to Minnie first.......this infuriated me so much that I spouted off some comment about adults really finding the kid in themselves while at WDW.....and the stupid woman then grabbed a few children from behind her and started shoving them up beside Minnie for photos.........the kids were not happy.....the adults were not happy and apparently Minnie was not too happy.......the second the idiot woman left, Minnie motioned for me, my niece and my daughter to hurry and get to her.......she played with them a few minutes, signed their books, posed for one pic, then bounced off to her hideout.........she never did come back out.......one of the CM said something about Minnie doesn't care for bad behavior and it looked like things were about to get out of hand.......

oh well.........just my experience with the autographs thing.......
but overall......all the people were very good about getting to them, getting what they wanted, and getting gone......:)

Cyberacer

I think getting autographs is one of Disney's cheaper momentos. I also think that line time can be reduced if the kids already had their pens and books ready so that they can get up there get a picture, get an autograph and get out of the way for the next person.:)

MKCustodial

Getting autographs is really cool. I have two books from my tow trips as a kid, tons of autographs. Not only from Disney, but guys like Beetlejuice, the Ghostbusters, Scooby, the Flintstones...
For the kids, there's nothing grander than having their heroes sign next to where they're gonna stick that beautiful pic they just took with them.:cool:

DanStat

Autographs...

I love getting autographs!

I have an autograph book, and pen! I often encounter the shortest lines near PoTC, meeting Captain Hook, and Smee.

I think pictures of characters and getting autographs is fun! :p

Tarzan266

Characters

I think character autographs are great. I always looked forward to getting character autographs and pics, even up to the age of sixteen I was still getting autographs. I still love the characters and look forward to meeting them in the parks, but I would never do something so selfish or rude as to go cut kids in lines to see them. Experiences with the characters, both kids and adults, should be a positive one and should create fond memories. Nothing pleases a Disney guest more than to have a great experience with Mickey, or Donald, or Goofy, etc. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom