Meeting forum members

draybook

Original Poster
Have any of you met other board members but not in the parks or on property?

So a neat little story here. Last week, I stopped by one of our local Subway shops to grab lunch for work. As I got into my car, I noticed a gentleman exiting his car two spaces over from mine. In my peripheral vision, I saw him approaching my Blazer. So I let my window down and he asked me, "is your name Dave"? At first I didn't notice any logos and my first thought based on his attire was that he might be a detective. So I responded yes and then he asked, "are you on the WDW forums"? Again I responded yes and we talked for a minute. He is a pilot for Fedex and happened to be in town grabbing a bite before heading to Vegas. I couldn't believe the odds of being recognized in a small town like Olive Branch at that exact place and exact time. Talk about a Small World...

Anyone else met fellow board members outside of "the World"?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Wow! I never thought about it before. I’ve met lots of forum members away from WDW (loads at WDW as well).

My first was Heidi (then @TwoTigersMom) in Huntsville Alabama. Then I drove down to Syracuse NY to meet @Laura and @James at Dinosaur BBQ for lunch. I’ve met @Tiggerish and her hubby @MyBob in NYC. I went to a concert outside WDW but nearby with @wannabeBelle @Master Yoda and a number of his family. I was a guest at two WDWMagic weddings, @Laura and @James as well as @SweetMagic and @brkgnews . I almost made it to @Victoria ‘s wedding as well, but had to work.

There are probably more that I’m neglecting...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom