Meeting Dopey

Princess_Minnie

Original Poster
Hi all!

We all have those characters that we've met with what feels like a million times (I'm looking at you here Pooh), and we love them, but I'm sure some have that one character that they saw once in a blue moon and want to see again.

Well mine's Dopey. I met him once. When I was 7. Now we're going in June. And I would really like to see him again.

I've looked for years, with no luck. Does anyone know a place that he may be, outside of a special event or a parade? Have you seen him in years past? World Showcase or DHS comes to mind, but any advice would be appreciated.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Dopey doesn't appear regularly other than at the Holiday parties and often at running events. He previously (4 or so years ago) appeared daily with Snow White in Germany and would sometimes show up in Town's Square. Just another one of the classic characters that have disappeared like poor Jiminy Cricket. :(

Edit to add: I don't know if he ever is part of the Fantasmic sets in the animation building at the studios.

GoochDSA

I personally have not seen him, outside of MNSSHP, since I was a little kid (remember, those good 'ol days when characters would roam freely, grab you by the hand and go skipping with you somewhere?). The only other reports I have read (besides MNSSHP and MVMCP) is when they have those rare character spots in the WS, popular in the weeks leading up to the first MNSSHP. But besides that, since the 7 dwarves really help sell those hard ticket events (proven by the fact that they are labled on the special event park maps), it's very rare to see any of them out and about.

ann0d

I met Dopey 12 years ago and then I married him! :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Just kidding DH is very smart! Couldn't resist! :hammer: Actually he is more like Grumpy! lol

EaglesfanNJ

Dopey doesn't appear regularly other than at the Holiday parties and often at running events. He previously (4 or so years ago) appeared daily with Snow White in Germany and would sometimes show up in Town's Square. Just another one of the classic characters that have disappeared like poor Jiminy Cricket. :(

Edit to add: I don't know if he ever is part of the Fantasmic sets in the animation building at the studios.

One has to wonder if things like this will change with the opening of new Fantasyland?? TDO obviously knows that the 7 dwarfs are popular for pics as evidenced by the 2 hour wait to just get a pic with them at special parties. Maybe with the new coaster they stage some dwarfs and Snow White outside for meet and greets.

Thoughts?

Philhar-Fanatic

Haven't ever seen any of the Seven Dwarfs out side of them being in the Main Street Electrical parade. We got to get a family picture with Jiminy Cricket last year! I've been on the hunt for Japetto (sp?) and Pinocchio for the last couple of years. It really IS a special moment to get a picture with some of these charachters that are more rare!

GoochDSA

One has to wonder if things like this will change with the opening of new Fantasyland?? TDO obviously knows that the 7 dwarfs are popular for pics as evidenced by the 2 hour wait to just get a pic with them at special parties. Maybe with the new coaster they stage some dwarfs and Snow White outside for meet and greets.

Thoughts?

While it would be nice to see them more often, I still don't see it happening (well, maybe at first when the ride opens and the few weeks before hand). Like you mentioned, there is sometimes a 2 hour line to meet them, proving that they are a big selling point when it comes to hard ticket events (also proven in that they are on the special maps given out). They need to find reasons to justify the high extra costs and I am sure they have found that a parade, stage show, special Wishes and candy is not going to cut it. Leaving the dwarves exclusive to hard ticket parties helps to allow them to charge what they do.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Haven't ever seen any of the Seven Dwarfs out side of them being in the Main Street Electrical parade. We got to get a family picture with Jiminy Cricket last year! I've been on the hunt for Japetto (sp?) and Pinocchio for the last couple of years. It really IS a special moment to get a picture with some of these charachters that are more rare!

Jiminy got the boot back in December unfortunately. Geppetto was another one that was cut about 4 years ago. He previously made appearances with Pinocchio and Jiminy in Town Square.

Pinocchio is out in the Magic Kingdom daily. His location has been moving around a lot with the fantasyland and Town Square construction. It appears he's back to meeting in front of Town Square Theatre from park open until just before parade time.

Philhar-Fanatic

Eeyore...thanks for the info! I guess that's why we never see Pinocchio' usually not up by Town Square before parade time. We might have to change location this year!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom