Rumor Meet and Greets

RWilliams

Premium Member
The entertainment cast still on furlough or displaced in other lines of business working attractions, merchandise, lifeguarding, etc for the past 7 months. They’re all here waiting...for now. But after being kept in the dark the last 7 months and no signs of anything to come a lot are starting to drop.
I think this is actually a big part of the problem. I think part of the reason we're seeing a delay in meet and greets return is that those areas listed above are understaffed and the company doesn't want to pull too many displaced cast out until they have cast to replace them. I feel like no characters at Cape May and Ohana breakfasts smacks of a budget savings, staffing issue or both. Meet and greets don't directly bring in revenue so the company has no problem putting them on the back burner until they can staff other areas. The frustration being felt by displaced and furloughed entertainment cast is palpable. The company could at least give these folks some kind of idea of when they may be brought back, at this point even a vague timeframe would be better than sitting in limbo wondering. But we've seen time and time again that this company has little to no respect for its cast.

I have heard rumors that we could see meet and greets back by august but who knows!

drew81

Anyone notice in the Oogie Boogie Bash press release they specifically say "character sightings" not meetings?

I think that speaks volumes to when we'll see traditional meets return to Disney Parks. There is no way they'll have one resort switch and not the other. Disney is going to milk this for a very long time.

Touchdown

Anyone notice in the Oogie Boogie Bash press release they specifically say "character sightings" not meetings?

I think that speaks volumes to when we'll see traditional meets return to Disney Parks. There is no way they'll have one resort switch and not the other. Disney is going to milk this for a very long time.
That was always character airings even in 2019.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Agree with what you are saying, but on a more optimistic note, offerings could be revised nearer the time to exceed the announced line-up.

wdwfan22

I don’t see them coming back anytime soon. They are content with offering character sighting and selfie opportunities

MagicHappens1971

I don’t see them coming back anytime soon. They are content with offering character sighting and selfie opportunities
Didn’t a statement from Josh or Bob recently state that they are looking forward to bringing back meet & greets quite soon? And wasn’t an educated guess for at least WDW by the 50th?

deix15x8

At a minimum I think they should be able to get fur character meet and greets back by October 1st. It's like they have a full body mask on. I could see face characters waiting a bit more, but you should be able to meet Mickey again by the 1st.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Didn’t a statement from Josh or Bob recently state that they are looking forward to bringing back meet & greets quite soon? And wasn’t an educated guess for at least WDW by the 50th?
This was the statement, which does indeed suggest they’ll be back soon.

“We're not quite ready to bring back everything yet, but we are optimistic and look forward to the day when Disney pals and princesses are able to hug once again.”

dreday3

I watched a vlog today and Genie was pretty much shoulder hugging the guests! He was behind a rope but they were all up on it.

Can't be long now.

MagicHappens1971

This was the statement, which does indeed suggest they’ll be back soon.

“We're not quite ready to bring back everything yet, but we are optimistic and look forward to the day when Disney pals and princesses are able to hug once again.”
As many other people have mentioned, I can’t imagine that we won’t be able to give Mickey a hug by October 1st (at least on the east coast)

RememberWhen

I’m certainly hoping that traditional meet and greets come back. It would be nice if we had some warning of when in order to make plans, but if we think it’s likely for the 50 th, that would be good news.

Disney4family

A bus driver told me Chapek agreed to fill in and sit in one of these for now -
1625826258519.png

skypilot2922

You’ll never see the bloat that was before covid, things got entirely off the rails. This is one case where a reset was sorely needed

Trouble is the people that ‘needed’ to go are still infesting cubicles in Celebration. Workers are expendable manangement is essential.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom