Meet and Greet Wait Times for Magic Kingdom

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
So my FP is coming up next weekend and we are big on meet and greets. Must dos for us. Of course I will try to get a FP for Anna/Elsa. But, I am wavering on doing a FP for Ariel in her Grotto. I've been watching wait times on my handy app and it seems if Ariel in her mermaid gear only averages about 30 minutes or less. Has this been everyone's experience? Also, we have yet to meet Merida and It is a must do. So should we go at rope drop and get in line? Tiana will be a must because we loved her last time! So will try to fit her in sometime in the first couple of hours on either MK day. Give me your tips and tricks to meeting princesses and other characters in MK please!

MagicHappens1971

So my FP is coming up next weekend and we are big on meet and greets. Must dos for us. Of course I will try to get a FP for Anna/Elsa. But, I am wavering on doing a FP for Ariel in her Grotto. I've been watching wait times on my handy app and it seems if Ariel in her mermaid gear only averages about 30 minutes or less. Has this been everyone's experience? Also, we have yet to meet Merida and It is a must do. So should we go at rope drop and get in line? Tiana will be a must because we loved her last time! So will try to fit her in sometime in the first couple of hours on either MK day. Give me your tips and tricks to meeting princesses and other characters in MK please!
Towards the end of the night wait times can get very low for certain characters, I've seen Anna & Elsa down to 15 mins during and before Wishes. I've never waited longer then 15 mins for Ariel. Merida always has a pretty long line. Tiana was just moved to an indoor meet and greet location. So I don't know if that will make the line longer, or shorter, since it's lesser known.

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
I'm thinking Anna/Elsa and Merida will be our must dos first thing if we can't get Anna\Elsa FP. After we've done those, then head to Ariel's Grotto and hopefully a FP for Enchanted Tales with Belle. Then before the parade and after tea at the GF we can fit in Tianna and try to go look at Christmas Ornaments. Does anyone know where Tiana's inside M&G is?

Chef Kronk

I'm thinking Anna/Elsa and Merida will be our must dos first thing if we can't get Anna\Elsa FP. After we've done those, then head to Ariel's Grotto and hopefully a FP for Enchanted Tales with Belle. Then before the parade and after tea at the GF we can fit in Tianna and try to go look at Christmas Ornaments. Does anyone know where Tiana's inside M&G is?

Tiana's located in the Heritage House in Liberty Square. I'm pretty sure it's located right around the Hall of Presidents, maybe someone can give you a better idea of where it's located if you don't know.

Prince Naveen joins Tiana in the evenings, so I suggest going then for an even better interaction:)

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I've met Merida a few times and usually the wait is about 30-40 minutes.
The past few times I've been to the parks Tinker Bell had a pretty short wait in Town Square Theatre (15-20 minutes, but the whole wait is inside so it's a nice time to cool off anyway).
Gaston is my favorite meet & greet in Magic Kingdom. If you haven't met him yet, it's always a fantastic interaction that's well worth the wait. :)

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
30 minutes we can handle we both want to do Gaston. He is there at random times thought isn't he? Never seem to have much luck with those type of characters

Matt_Black

30 minutes we can handle we both want to do Gaston. He is there at random times thought isn't he? Never seem to have much luck with those type of characters

No, he's generally listed on the times guide and app, unless they've recently made changes. Now, sometimes he can be a little late, but that's because he either caught his reflection or he's eating his daily dose of five dozen eggs.

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
Hey Jess!

If you can FP Anna/Elsa (which I very much suggest) I would go to Merida at park open. She can get a big line, but if you go straight there, 10 minutes, in and out.

Avoid Ariel mid day, so early morning or late evening. She should take no longer than 15 mins.

For Tiana, arrive about ten minutes before her set and you should be great. With Naveen her line is actually just slightly longer, but that ten minute buffer should get you in line.

Gaston meets from 10 am to about 6 pm daily, usually something like 10, 10:45, 11:30, etc. (15 minutes backstage for every 1/2 hour on stage). He takes some time to go find LeFou for lunch around 1 to 2:30. If you're prioritizing characters with FP, I would FP Anna/Elsa, Cinderella/Rapunzel, and Enchanted Tales with Belle. Cinderella/Rapunzel is usually not that bad in the morning, you could conceivable do Merida, Cinderella/Rapunzel, and pop over to Ariel, all before a 10:30 or so Enchanted Tales FP.
Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I kind of figured the same on going straight to Merida. The good thing is if we are unable to get a FP for Anna/Elsa for either Saturday or Sunday, we can attempt to get there at park opening on Saturday and do Merida Sunday!

MickeyLuv'r

We generally play the short-line lottery when it comes to characters, though we're not above rare exceptions for special opportunities once in a while.

That said, we've had good luck late at night. The longer you can hang past the bed time of the average rope dropping toddler, the better your odds of finding short lines.

Some of our very best character interactions have been in the wee hours at MK. Though some were not straight up greet opportunities, but rather times that the characters were wandering around having fun.

I often wish Disney had more of those opportunities. Where characters just got to roam around being themselves and having fun, and not a preplanned show or parade. Maybe WDW could come up with a way to designate signers vs. characters purely out to play.

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
They are supposedly starting the random characters walking about up in MK again. Flynn Ryder is one they are testing. I imagine because of the popularity of Gaston.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom