Medieval Props?

Jeremy Geertsema

Original Poster
I did the "Backstage Magic" tour yesterday, and during the experience, we visited the Central Shops. While we were there, our tour guide said that they are often working on things there before they are announced.

We saw one worker working on yellow coils, which I am assuming is going to be used in Toy Story Land. But the oddest thing, were these Medieval statues one person was sculpting. There was about four of them, and they were all different. One looked evil, one a princess, knight, etc. They didn't look like any specific characters, they were very detailed, but very different.

Anyone have any ideas?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
But the oddest thing, were these Medieval statues one person was sculpting. There was about four of them, and they were all different. One looked evil, one a princess, knight, etc. They didn't look like any specific characters, they were very detailed, but very different.

Anyone have any ideas?
Hmmm. Where's a setting in which medieval characters might be appropriate...? Hmmmm. Some kind of castle, maybe... ? ;)

Jeremy Geertsema

Original Poster
Quick question - last time I was there, they had a big section in front of the Animatronics Department cordoned off with a floor to ceiling black curtain - is it still there, @Jeremy Geertsema?
Yes it was still there. The lady said it was holding stuff from the Great Movie ride but it’s since been removed. I heard singing coming from behind it at one point, and some Toy Story music.

2351metalcloud

Did they look exactly like the statues pictured on this article or quite similar to them?:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Four_Sages_of_Dwarti

If they looked the same or very similar, they might be for a Star Wars area.

Last edited:

Monorail_Red_77

Replacement parts for Be Our Guest or part of the "enhanced menu" changes?
Speaking of Be Our Guest. Was over in that area in January. Noticed a lot of the trees were removed. Looks really bad since you could see the large green speaker mounted on a pole. I'll have to try and post the pic tonight. There were some smaller trees added. But man what a difference and not in a good way. My only hope is that there was a problem and they are trying to fix it, not more cut backs. LOL Not so much.

ToTBellHop

Speaking of Be Our Guest. Was over in that area in January. Noticed a lot of the trees were removed. Looks really bad since you could see the large green speaker mounted on a pole. I'll have to try and post the pic tonight. There were some smaller trees added. But man what a difference and not in a good way. My only hope is that there was a problem and they are trying to fix it, not more cut backs. LOL Not so much.
Probably last fall’s hurricane.

Hollie512

I did the "Backstage Magic" tour yesterday, and during the experience, we visited the Central Shops. While we were there, our tour guide said that they are often working on things there before they are announced.

We saw one worker working on yellow coils, which I am assuming is going to be used in Toy Story Land. But the oddest thing, were these Medieval statues one person was sculpting. There was about four of them, and they were all different. One looked evil, one a princess, knight, etc. They didn't look like any specific characters, they were very detailed, but very different.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ooh I'm doing this tour at the start of April! Where else did you get to go?

GlacierGlacier

Ooh I'm doing this tour at the start of April! Where else did you get to go?
I did it back in november - We first went backstage at epcot, starting at the main entrance and looping counter-clockwise around the access road to the American Adventure, where we got to see the backstage of the attraction before world showcase opened. They took us then to Costuming, where they make and maintain costumes (duh). I saw joe rohde there too, just through a window. Then over to Laundry, with their immense system for towels and sheets (basically Monsters Inc's door warehouse on a smaller scale). Central shop, the fabrication area for most of WDW including maintenance of ride vehicles and prop construction, was somewhere I wish I could spend days just wandering around. Finally, Utilidors under the Magic Kingdom, but only a small part of it before they took you back to Epcot to be released. Everything on that itinerary can be changed due to availability or just due to what the tour guides are feeling. It's an absolute ton of fun and amazing stuff.

Hollie512

I did it back in november - We first went backstage at epcot, starting at the main entrance and looping counter-clockwise around the access road to the American Adventure, where we got to see the backstage of the attraction before world showcase opened. They took us then to Costuming, where they make and maintain costumes (duh). I saw joe rohde there too, just through a window. Then over to Laundry, with their immense system for towels and sheets (basically Monsters Inc's door warehouse on a smaller scale). Central shop, the fabrication area for most of WDW including maintenance of ride vehicles and prop construction, was somewhere I wish I could spend days just wandering around. Finally, Utilidors under the Magic Kingdom, but only a small part of it before they took you back to Epcot to be released. Everything on that itinerary can be changed due to availability or just due to what the tour guides are feeling. It's an absolute ton of fun and amazing stuff.

Sounds amazing I'm excited! Thank you :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom