Medical Emergency at Haunted Mansion Last Night?

80sRockKevin

Original Poster
Hey all,

We were in line at Haunted Mansion last night around 7:00, got past the stretching room, and then all the lights came on. We waited for a few minutes, then we were all evacuated. We were handed Fast Passes for any ride in the park on the way out.

On our way out the mansion, there were 2 paramedics with a stretcher heading in. We never heard what happened. Anyone else hear anything?

Thanks
Kevin

s2jrston

Hey all,

We were in line at Haunted Mansion last night around 7:00, got past the stretching room, and then all the lights came on. We waited for a few minutes, then we were all evacuated. We were handed Fast Passes for any ride in the park on the way out.

On our way out the mansion, there were 2 paramedics with a stretcher heading in. We never heard what happened. Anyone else hear anything?

Thanks
Kevin

When did those Fast Passes expire? Just curious.
:animwink:

IcicleM

They can't sue for having a panic attack, haha. Panic Attacks are mental, a lot of the time, and it's all up in the head. None of it is actually real, and it's a slow-moving ride. Scary things are in parks everywhere all the time. If someone can't handle a slow-moving Disney ride called "The Haunted Mansion" which has been there since the beginning of time, then they have their own issues they need to deal with. Haha, I bet you it was the jumping attic ghosts. Either that or they may have actually believed there were real ghosts with the Pepper's Ghost effects.

Epcot82Guy

This could be any number of things. It could be a panic attack, a heart attack, slip & fall, anything, really. It sadly is a fact of life when you get thousands of people together. I applaud Disney for have a very strong overall reaction system.

campdisney

Panic Attacks are mental, a lot of the time, and it's all up in the head.
A panic attack occurrs when there is the sudden onset of fear with little or no provoking stimulus that results in an uncontrolled physical response, ie: a release of adrenaline which brings about an increased heart rate (tachycardia), rapid breathing (hyperventilation) and sweating. This is also knowns as the fight or flight response. As there is no actual fight or flight/physical exertion required, the hyperventilation leads to a drop in CO2 levels in the blood leading to shifts in blood pH. These shifts can in turn lead to many other physical symptoms, such as tingling/numbness, dizziness, lightheadedness, vertigo, nausea, shortness of breath, heart palpitations and/or chest pain. This is not a complete list. And assuming it was a panic attack -- which is quite a leap of an assumption to begin with.

In short, it isn't all up in the head.

lscott933

i think they were freezing there cause it was really cold and the ghost were to cold to work. they need a i.v. to warm them up to get back to work. :lol: :lol: :lol: i hope everyone was ok tho.

tirian

^^ I know someone who had a serious panic attack from exhaustion and malnutrition; his potassium level dropped so low that his body simply went into "panic" mode. He spent most of the evening on an IV at the hospital.

Let's NOT turn this thread into something else (please! :) ); but to add to CampDisney's response and to rebut IcicleM's post, physical conditions can cause panic attacks; and the results of an attack are very real (and sometimes dangerous).

celestia

mansion fastpass / removal

those fastpass tickets don't have expiration times, they are called readmission passes, for any attraction at magic kingdom.

On that point, if anyone hasn't noticed, the fastpass machines (well, the boxes) were removed this week in a small queue line refurbishment and the area is used as queue line now.

Nansafan

Folks, the original poster just was asking if anyone heard anything official about what happened. It is all just speculation on panic attacks. Again, does anyone know what really happened?

iheartdisney91

oh... thats sad, do you know how old they were? oh and to draft a little from the post but is the potc parrot up yet i mean he wasnt there when i went and the barnbauams official guide said to stop by and say hello to him. just curiouse

CrashNet

It was more and likely someone slipping and falling when they got out of the doombuggy and on to the conveyor belt. People also slip when stepping off the conveyor belt.

Magicot

On that point, if anyone hasn't noticed, the fastpass machines (well, the boxes) were removed this week in a small queue line refurbishment and the area is used as queue line now.
Interesting news. How often do the lines get long enough at HM for them to stretch back there? Or did they rework the queue so that area that was once used for queue now isn't? Any ideas (or pictures)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom