Mears?

Thebriarpatch

Trip planning in Sept. I have been a ton of times, but my companion is a Disney newbie.

We are late arrival on Thursday with just a room ( no tickets ) for the first and last night at PC.

Will Mears drop at TTC? I was thinking it would be a nice teaser to take the monorail around SE in Epcot at night then maybe do the same for MK before getting the bus to head to the hotel

Ideas???
<!-- / message -->

wannabeBelle

I dont believe they do. I would want to proceed to my hotel first in any event to drop off my bags, freshen up, use the facilities etc. After that take the bus to theMagic Kingdom and hop on the Monorail. I would also suggest dinner at one of the nicer monorail restaurants such as O'Hanas or something. Try to time it for about 1 /2 hour before Wishes is scheduled for the night. This restaurant dims the lighting and pumps in the music!!! Very nice experience for me!!! Belle

Upvote 0

raven

No. Mears will only drop off at a resort. Plus I don't think Disney would let you on their buses and monorails with all of your luggage.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Might want to possibly think of a towncar service. Don't know exactly what time your arrival is, but we have had to wait in the airport almost an hour for our Mears van. And then make many stops before arriving at your hotel. Towncar services will meet you at baggage claim, help you with your luggage and off to your waiting towncar and transport you directly to your hotel. We no longer use Mears since our last trip when we used a towncar service.

Upvote 0

AEfx

swimmom said:
Might want to possibly think of a towncar service. Don't know exactly what time your arrival is, but we have had to wait in the airport almost an hour for our Mears van. And then make many stops before arriving at your hotel. Towncar services will meet you at baggage claim, help you with your luggage and off to your waiting towncar and transport you directly to your hotel. We no longer use Mears since our last trip when we used a towncar service.

Yes, for two people it may be worth it ($60 for two round-trip Mears tickets vs. $100 for round-trip towncar), and for any more than 2 people it definately is. The only time I use Mears is on solo-trips because towncar is so reasonable. Plus, it just adds an extra bit of magic to walk out of the terminal and see a driver waiting with a sign with your name on it. :)

AEfx

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I have to agree with AeFX on this one. I use Mears a lot because very rarely are there more than one or two of us heading in at a time. Anything more than 3 people the towncar certainly becomes an option as it is at the breakeven point. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom