Mears Transportation

I didn't think that you wanted to relax on a bus. I was actually just pointing out that I didnt think Mears was bad . I would just rather get to the resort ASAP. Sorry if I wasnt clear in my post. As long as you get there, that is all that matters.

stuart

Gucci65 said:
Since there are only 3 in my party, we use Mears when going to US cause it's cheaper for us.

Hey STUART - has Wannabebelle commented on your avatar yet?

yeah she has, its a old photo - the whole roof and lights over the stage isnt even there yet, shud mayb put a new one up.

Gail Hayden

stuart said:
Thats a bit harsh sayin you would not use Mears even if it was free. I also dont think that the drivers are rude in all the times we have used Mears services. And i wouldnt say that the shuttle vans are that dirty. I dont have a bad word to say about Mears. When we arrive in Orlando we have been up usually for about 20 hours and want to get to the resort. We have never had a prob at MCO and i also dont mind stopping at other places, as long as its in WDW, for the simple reason that its been a long day and its been a year since we were last at WDW and at last im here and dont care, just time to relax.

One other small point. Mears is a shuttle bus service and it is not advertised as being a personalized service, Mears does tho provide a Town Car service and a limo service for those wanting a more personal service.

Again just my opinion and i dont mean to have a go at others cos i respect what u all say as everyone will have a different experience.
I may sound harsh, but, it is the truth. Heck, I even get a discount every time I reserve at DVC, I just give those coupons away.
I am very happy you did not find them rude, unfortunately, I did. And, I did find the vans dirty.
The beauty of transportation to Disney is there is something for everyone. :)

saltmom1

Go to mearstransportation.com. If you can't find the answer there, a phone number is listed. I'm not sure if it is an 800 number or not, but I think it is.

Rcoaster809

Hey, I just typed a fairly long post in the "Various Taxi Questions" thread about my experience with Quicksilver. Quicksilver is great!!!

tbell

I need some of your wonderful hints to help me with our Oct. trip, we are arriving at MCO, going to Universal for 2 days then for the rest to WDW, then back to the airport, what kind of transportation should I arrange, would a towncar be best?? thanks...

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
tbell said:
I need some of your wonderful hints to help me with our Oct. trip, we are arriving at MCO, going to Universal for 2 days then for the rest to WDW, then back to the airport, what kind of transportation should I arrange, would a towncar be best?? thanks...

Hi tbell,

If you decide to go with a Towncar Service please consider Quicksilver. We sponsor this site and have had many good reviews from various members. We do offer a three way trip which fits your needs perfectly. :animwink:

For any questions do not hesitate and contact us. I'll be happy to help you plan your transportation.

Regards,

Gregory Nicolas.
:wave: :wave: :wave:

maxime29

Premium Member
We are looking into Mears for transportation during our trip (Dec 27 - Jan 3). We have never used a chauffeur (sp?) service, so I would like to ask these questions about it:

-How soon can we book reservations for transportation needs?
-What is it like when you actually get to the airport (as in where can we find our ride? outside the main airport entrance?)
-Dumb question I guess, but does it matter how much luggage we bring with us?

Gucci65

If you have two or more people you should definately use a car service. Either Tiffanytowncar or Quicksilver. I have used Tiffany and have been very satisfied with their service. A lot of folks on here say the same about Quicksilver. Take your pick.

I think even if you make your reservation 24 hrs in advance you would be okay, I probably wouldn't wait that long though.

The driver meets you in baggage claim with your name on a placard. They help you get your luggage to the car. We take 3 suitcases and haven't had a problem yet. There again, if you are taking 10 bags or so - call the car company so they can advise you as to what kind of service you will need.

Have a great trip! :sohappy:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Agree with those who say they would not use Mears if it were free.

Bus broke down at MCO on a early trip to WDW - Mears basically said to us it will cost too much to get a replacement bus here because its the busy season for conventions, You are on your own you can wait at least 2 hours for another bus or you can get a towncar if you get a towncar we will not refund your money as you 'refused' to wait for replacement bus.

Well Mears kept their money so I was out the $40 shuttle fee plus the $60 bucks for the towncar to WDW but since Mears did not give a guaranteed ETA for the bus did not want to wait for an undetermined period.

I know Mears runs the Magical Express, However they are held to Disney customer service standards and the drivers have been great for the most part.

WDW 3

We used Mears to go to Seaworld. They sent one van for pick-up at the end of the day and it was not enough, after waiting around for quite a while they started putting groups in taxis, so we got a free taxi ride back. Best thing about that was we weren't making multiple stops.
We use Sunray Transportation to and from the airport and have always been happy.

Pooh Lover

Our experiences with Mears have been the same as Gale Hayden. We would not choose Mears again for any service. We have used Quicksilver for the past few years and will again this September.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom