Mears Shuttle

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
I am interested to hear what everybodys opinion on the Mears shuttle is. I will be staying at Coronado Springs and am just wondering if its worth taking with two people. I have used a towncar service in the past with mixed results. Your input would be very helpful.

Pan

We used Mears 2 years ago. Overall they are good. With only 2 people, it will cost you half as much as the towncar service, especially if you factor in the tip for the towncar driver. The downside is that it will take you twice as long to get to Disney. They pick up and drop off at several stops at the airport and at the resorts. You might be sitting on a bus for an hour. However we were lucky. The bus was there waiting after we got our bags, made only 1 stop at the airport, and our resort was the first stopped at. If you have 3 people, then a towncar is not that much more and definately worth it. The driver will help with your luggage and will be waiting in the baggage claim area. You can also make a stop at a grocery store on the way to the resort to stock up on supplies if you are staying for awhile. We used the Tiffany Towncar service on our trip 2 weeks ago. In my opinion, the towncar is the way to go, even if it costs an extra 40 or 50 bucks.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

We have used mears to get to our resourt at WDW 6 (or is it 7) years in row. Until last year it was just my husband and myself and we always got to the resort with in an hour of our plane landing. They do make a few stops on the way, and you always wonder, why not MY resort first.

Kids under 3 or is it 4 are free. I am not sure if they supply car seats.

Disney used to give you copons for a few dollers off a round trip ticket. They seem to have stopped doing that.

Upvote 0

ReDefined

Mears is great!

My wife and I have found the Mears shuttle services to be extremely efficient! Cost is also very reasonable. Do the round trip thing to save some money as well.

They get better every year.

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I like it....going from the airport to your hotel can be hectic, but it's cheaper....the ride back to the airport is a snap though.

Upvote 0

Tramp

We use to take the Mears shuttles when there were 2 of us...they really are very efficient and they have a schedule to accommodate anybody, anytime.

But 3 people seems to be a break-even point between the shuttle and simply taking a Taxi...

We stayed often at the Grand Floridian and it's the LAST stop for any of the Mears shuttles and one year it took us over an hour and a half to get to the hotel because of all the stops inbetween...
The next year we took a Taxi and it was tantamount to door to door service...we were at the hotel in no time with far less hassles....vacation time is worth a fortune and i prefer to spend an hour in the pool than in a bus.

If I recall, the Taxi cost us about $38 which is comparable to 3 one-way tickets on the shuttle....(remember this was to the Grand Floridian which is the furthest hotel from the airport)

...if you can hook up with someone at the airport that is going to your hotel, share the Taxi fare with them.

Upvote 0

Worldphile

Up until our trip this past December, I would have highly recommended the Mears shuttle. However, this past trip, their service seemed to have declined. We waited almost half an hour at the airport for our shuttle.

When it finally arrived, there were people going to at least 4 different hotels. We were going to Wildeness Lodge and we didn't get there for at least another hour and fifteen minutes. We made 2 stops at off property resorts near (somewhat) Downtown Disney before the Wilderness Lodge. Maybe this is normal for them, but that didn't seem like the most direct route to me.

Maybe they are trying to stop at more hotels since there are less people travelling since 9/11, but after having been a loyal Mears customer for years, I would now think twice about taking them again.

Upvote 0

madhatter

the shuttle isa good deal if you do it round trip, but just like the other people, we stayed at the grand floridian and it took way too long to get there. i recommend renting a car, it comes in so handy if you want to go to another resort for dinner, or to a nondisney park,or to downtown disney, or to the liquor or grocery store. you can get really good deals so that its well worth it

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
For our next visit, we have a party of 10 adults and two children.
Is the Mears Shuttle the most practical way for us to get from the airport to our resort?

Upvote 0

Pan

With 12 people, Mears is not the way to go. It is $27/person RT, so $270 for the adults plus another $54 for the kids unless they are under 4 then they are free. Tiffany Towncar(407)251-5431 costs $85 RT plus tip in a towncar that holds 4 adults, however they also have vans that probably hold 5 or 6 and probably don't cost a lot more. Another option is to rent a couple minivans. This would cost more but at least you would have the flexibility to get around.

Upvote 0

goaler

There are several options for getting from the airport to your resort and I am certain that there are pros and cons for each. I am also sure that you will hear them all right here!

On our adventures to WDW, we have used the Mears service, taxis, and a limo service. In my opinion, the limo service is the best value. We have used Happy Limo Service on our last three vacations and will use them for all future trips. The cost for two adults and two teenagers is comparable to the bus, more than the taxi. But for service and efficiency they can't be beat. The drivers are all very courteous, and you will be at your resort within an hour of your arrival at MCO.

Our time at the world is very valuable and I'd rather not spend a minute more than I have to waiting outside the airport.

Ps. I'm from Michigan and in no way associated with Happy Limo except for being a very satisfied customer.

Upvote 0

David

In all of our previous trips we have used Mears as a shuttle service to and from the airport with no trouble. However, during our trip we (and about 50 others) had real problems.
We contacted Mears to go to Universal on morning. Apparantly so had quite a few other folks for there were 50 of us ready to go to Universal and Mears sent over a van. A 15 passenger van for 50 people! So we had to wait another 25 minutes for them to send another bus.
On our last day, once again about 60 of us were scheduled to go to the airport at a certain time. Well that time came and went, but no bus. After many calls from other Mears bus drivers, a bus finally arrived, but some parties almost missed their flight. We had been waiting for almost an hour before the bus arrived. Some folks were getting pretty anxious and a lot were getting mad. So you can see, I don't have the greatest of confidence in them.

Upvote 0

mightyduck

I always use Mears when I go, and I've been very happy (including two of three trips last year). However, I think I'll be renting a town car for the next trip--we won't get there until 11 pm and I don't want to wait all night to get to the hotel!

Upvote 0

crazykingdom

Account Suspended
I would recommend Mears but if you are getting in late I would go with something else.

My family and I got in one trip at 11pm and by the time Mears picked us up and all the stops we did not check in until after 1 in the morning.

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by crazykingdom
I would recommend Mears but if you are getting in late I would go with something else.

My family and I got in one trip at 11pm and by the time Mears picked us up and all the stops we did not check in until after 1 in the morning.

I think I will. Thanks all for making me think about this before I'm standing outside the airport at 1 am!

Upvote 0

goonsquads57

Two years ago, we experienced the same problems as Worldphile. We waited a long time at the airport for the bus and decided "never again". We've been renting a limo since. There's no wait and I believe that we get to our hotel before the Mears bus leaves the airport.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom