Meals

squidwife29

Hi all, we are heading back to disneyworld this summer...this will be our second time this year. We went back last winter and had a blast. We stayed in the All Star Movie Resort then. Now we have decided to stay at the Carribean Beach Resort. So, my question to you is this: How important is it to reserve all the meals in advance or could i get away with just reserving the dinner meals and waiting until we get down there to decide on breakfast and lunch? Thank you for any advice you could throw my way. :slurp:

Disneynutcase

Depends on how you intend to eat and how much you want to pre-plan before your vacation. If you think your breakfasts and lunches will be at counter service places, then you won't have a problem.

However, just wandering up to a popular spot spur of the moment and expecting to get in right away would require a stroke of luck or a nice commitment of your time.

If you think you're inclined to a certain restaurant and a PS is offered, why not make the reservation in advance? You can always cancel. In fact, except for a few places that take your credit card for reservation to penalize a no-show, you can actually do the rude thing and just not show up.

On our last vacation, the rule that we used was when in doubt, make the PS. Although this kind of forces you to make a decision well in advance of which park you'll be hitting on which day, we found that our way around not deciding was to make a PS at two places for the same meal (like Coral Reef @ Epcot with another at Crystal Palace @ MK). Once we were at WDW and knew where we were heading for a particular day, we'd cancel the res we weren't going to use.

Disney didn't seem to cross-check our reservations and we double-booked twice. I think as long as you don't get excessive, like 20 PS rezzies for a 4 day trip, they don't mind.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

It really depends on where you want to eat. Certain restaurants don't fill up but others do. My advice would be to get PS for everywhere you know you want to eat. No matter what the restaurant is. This way you are guaranteed to have that meal. Also if you aren' sure about wanting to eat at a place make the PS anyway, and you can always cancel it.

Upvote 0

TiggerDaddy

If you plan on a character breakfast or dinner, I would make your reservations as early as possible before you leave home. I think you can do that up to 90 days before your scheduled arrival. You can always cancel them if you dercide not to go.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by TiggerDaddy
If you plan on a character breakfast or dinner, I would make your reservations as early as possible before you leave home. I think you can do that up to 90 days before your scheduled arrival. You can always cancel them if you dercide not to go.

Most character meals can be booked 60 days in advance. Certain restaurants though can be booked 90 or even 120 days in advance.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Depends on the time of year you're travelling - In summer I would recommend reservations for character meals, make reservations for others if you want to be sure of dining at a particular park/restaurant/time.
As everyone else has said - you can always cancel.

Upvote 0

disneygirl725

It all depends on where you eat. I have found that I have generally been able to get ps ressies at the Crystal Palace and Sci Fi Dine in Theater that day, but since you will be there in the summer, it may be more difficult.

Upvote 0

jmewin

I wuld make dinner reservations. I am going in November and will eat all my main meals at lunch. So I will make reservations for lunch.

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

if they take reservations, or "priority seating" do it. if you dont use it, then you can always not show up or cancel.

and at the carribean beach, for breakfast one day, eat at the food court. they have a really good breakfast selection. we always get hte meal with potatoes, eggs, sausage, biscits, and some other stuff. very good!

Upvote 0

squidwife29

Original Poster
Hi again,

Thanks for great information. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to write. When i was in wdw in dec/jan of this year, we ate most of our meals at the hotel food court, so this is new for me. I was able to make ps for all of my dining choices including 2 character breakfast and one character dinner. We are also attending the Luau and the Hoop-De-Doo Dinner show. Thanks again for all the help. :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom