Meal Plan Tracking

jennado

Original Poster
How does Disney track the meal plan?

I am curious - we have 2 adults & 2 kids (5 & 7) in our party, and I was wondering how Disney keeps track of meals used & whether those were adult meals or kids meals?

So, the situation will be that we are staying 7 nights, and buy the Regular Dining Plan. I think our receipt will show 28 Table Meals, 28 Counter Service, 28 Snacks. Is there a distinction between kids & adults on the receipt? If we did not eat the first night of our stay because we were arriving late, I would have a couple extra meals. What would keep me from using those "extra" meals for a grandparent who wasn't staying with us at the resort, but was going to eat dinner with us?

Thanks -

New2WDW

Your key card will have something like 2-Adult, 2-Child at the bottom and each receipt your get will have your remaining amount on it, but only for that type. EX: If you ate at a TS restaurant it would show how many TS you have left. At CS then CS remaining, etc.

As far as I know they do not break down adult and Child CS/TS on the receipt.

By the way, welcome to the boards!

Candyland

From what I understand, having done the meal plan twice,
the receipts just told us how many of each we have left, but I believe the servers can see it on the computer.

I THINK the way it works is that, if you are at a buffet meal it will not make a difference, if you ordering off a menu, the children must order from the children's menu. I'm pretty sure you'll find that the strictness of that policy is going to depend greatly on the server.

I'm not 100% sure about this and I'm sure someone else will know exactly how it works, but that is what I remember.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
When the DDP first started they didn't distinguish between adult and child credits, they do now.

jennado

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses - in my example, will a grandparent be able to use one of the meals that I have purchased with the DDP?

Thanks again -

Rob562

Thanks for the responses - in my example, will a grandparent be able to use one of the meals that I have purchased with the DDP?

Thanks again -

According to the rules: No. (This exact question is part of the FAQ for the Dining Plan on the Disney website)

In reality: Maybe, but probably not.

Like another poster said, your card will say how many adults and how many kids are in your group. If you have 2 adults and 2 kids on your reservation and then at dinner you have 4 adults and 2 kids, they'll realize there's a problem and won't allow you to use the credits, even if you have them available.

Of course, there's always the chance of a waiter "looking the other way", but I wouldn't plan on it.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom