Meal Plan for Breakfast

daringstoic

Original Poster
I'm planning a trip to Paris in November and we're spending a day and a half at DLP. We got the half board plus dining plan and we're trying to figure out which restaurants to book. I suggested doing a breakfast at Cafe Mickey to cut down on wasted park time (we're spending two nights there, but we're getting in late on the arrival day and leaving around noon on the last day so there's really only one full day for us). I've been reading reviews on Trip Advisor and it seems like almost everyone was complaining about the free hotel breakfast so it won't be a big deal if we have to skip it. I read on another blog that the vouchers are only good for lunch and dinner though. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is the hotel breakfast as chaotic as people on Trip Advisor were describing? We'll be there during the week in a slow season, so it might not be as bad, but as this is likely the only time we'll ever be at DLP we want to make the most of every second.

Animaniac93-98

The breakfast is like any other buffet. The earlier you go, the less busy it is. I would always go right at 7:00am when it started (even if my ticket was for a later time) so I could be at the park for 8:00am early entry. The food is nothing special, but I'd save the voucher for a meal you haven't paid for yet.

felipenor

The breakfast is like any other buffet. The earlier you go, the less busy it is. I would always go right at 7:00am when it started (even if my ticket was for a later time) so I could be at the park for 8:00am early entry. The food is nothing special, but I'd save the voucher for a meal you haven't paid for yet.
So you don't have to follow the exact time that's on your breakfast ticket?

Thebolt

You can use the ticket at any time, but if its busy and your ticket time is wrong; they'll deliberately keep you waiting a while.
The breakfast is fine, but because its included in the hotel rate - demand is high and it becomes very busy and noisy in the restaurant.

felipenor

Do you guys recommend Café Mickey? Is the food any different from the hotel buffet? (I'll be staying at the Newport Bay Club)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Do you guys recommend Café Mickey? Is the food any different from the hotel buffet? (I'll be staying at the Newport Bay Club)

I was just there last week - the buffet at the Newport Bay and Café Mickey are the same - you are really only paying for having some character interaction. In case you are unaware, if you book thru the concierge at the hotel they will discount the Café Mickey breakfast a bit because you won't be having breakfast at the hotel.

Thebolt

Don't go café Mickey if you are going for the food. Its Ok, but nothing special.
Inventions in the Disneyland Hotel has a fantastic buffet with characters, although it isn't cheap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom