Me vs DLH: an on-going battle

mickEblu

How insecure must you be to feel the need to fill up the Buzz leaderboard on a daily basis? Getting the high score on a daily basis isn't good enough? I can see doing it once or twice just to show you can do it. But how pathetic do you have to be to do it more than that? Is it really that fulfilling? No wonder everyone hates APers.

Chill bruh. It's going to be ok.

George Lucas on a Bench

Case-Study-Ghost-Blasters-II-Photo-9.jpg

Phroobar

Someone give me some tips so I can be the next creepy old dude on the scoreboard.
1. Know the target values
  • Circle – 100
  • Square – 1,000
  • Diamond – 5,000
  • Triangle – 10,000
2. Ride alone and choose you gun. Some guns have better accuracy than others.
3. Ride on the left side
4. Keep firing once you find the target
5. Put the second gun on the seat. The unused gun will still show a dot even if no one fires it.
6. Keep firing when the ride stops.
7. Keep firing no matter what. You receive 100 points for ever 5 times you miss a target. That makes it so little kids don't end up with zero at the end of the ride.
8. know where the highest points are:
  • Backside of the robot’s hand in the first room.
  • Behind the moving saw blade of the spaceship in the first room.
  • In the alien planet room, find the triangles on the back of the circle of moving aliens, right as you enter the room.
  • Shoot the target on the outside of the jack-in-the-box to open the box, then hit the triangle on the alien that pops out.
  • On the walls of the dark starry tunnel, there are three hidden triangles that occasionally have lights glimmer across them.
  • Inside of a box on the opposite side of the room from Zurg in the final scene. You must hit the circle to make the target pop out of the box.
9. Shoot Zurg's chest for 50,000 points!!! It's a tiny unmarked hole in the upper middle of his chest armor.

zurg.jpg

Texas84

1. Know the target values
  • Circle – 100
  • Square – 1,000
  • Diamond – 5,000
  • Triangle – 10,000
2. Ride alone and choose you gun. Some guns have better accuracy than others.
3. Ride on the left side
4. Keep firing once you find the target
5. Put the second gun on the seat. The unused gun will still show a dot even if no one fires it.
6. Keep firing when the ride stops.
7. Keep firing no matter what. You receive 100 points for ever 5 times you miss a target. That makes it so little kids don't end up with zero at the end of the ride.
8. know where the highest points are:
  • Backside of the robot’s hand in the first room.
  • Behind the moving saw blade of the spaceship in the first room.
  • In the alien planet room, find the triangles on the back of the circle of moving aliens, right as you enter the room.
  • Shoot the target on the outside of the jack-in-the-box to open the box, then hit the triangle on the alien that pops out.
  • On the walls of the dark starry tunnel, there are three hidden triangles that occasionally have lights glimmer across them.
  • Inside of a box on the opposite side of the room from Zurg in the final scene. You must hit the circle to make the target pop out of the box.
9. Shoot Zurg's chest for 50,000 points!!! It's a tiny unmarked hole in the upper middle of his chest armor.

zurg.jpg
After all the web sites and videos, that is probably the best write-up I've seen. Will try it on my next trip in a few weeks. Thanks!

thomas998

No, it records separate scores.
Is it possible he is cheating? I've never cared enough to try to cheat on BLAB.... But I do recall there were similar type video games as a kid that you could trick by putting a bright light in the gun barrel so it would giver you points regardless of what you aimed at... Though on Buzz it does seem like the ride is picking up a digital pulse from the gun... If that's the case a lens located on the end of the barrel could be used to spread the tiny red dot out to say the size of a pie plate.... That might allow you to hit targets easier.... Then of course there are mechanical trigger pullers that you could put on regular semi-automatic rifles that will give you the equivalent of full machine gun action - maybe you could take something like that along with you to speed up the shots... Or get on the dark web find some hackers and pay them a few thousand in bit coins to hack the system and put your name up there instead of your nemesis.... Or better yet accept that its just a game and no one really cares, the whole thing is reminding me of a Seinfeld episode with George and the Frogger machine.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster
Is it possible he is cheating? I've never cared enough to try to cheat on BLAB.... But I do recall there were similar type video games as a kid that you could trick by putting a bright light in the gun barrel so it would giver you points regardless of what you aimed at... Though on Buzz it does seem like the ride is picking up a digital pulse from the gun... If that's the case a lens located on the end of the barrel could be used to spread the tiny red dot out to say the size of a pie plate.... That might allow you to hit targets easier.... Then of course there are mechanical trigger pullers that you could put on regular semi-automatic rifles that will give you the equivalent of full machine gun action - maybe you could take something like that along with you to speed up the shots... Or get on the dark web find some hackers and pay them a few thousand in bit coins to hack the system and put your name up there instead of your nemesis.... Or better yet accept that its just a game and no one really cares, the whole thing is reminding me of a Seinfeld episode with George and the Frogger machine.
lol, obviously no one really cares about this, and beating him wouldn't be my highest achievement in life. Its just a game at Disneyland. Thankfully too I have more going for me in my life than George Costanza.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom