ME question...I warn you, it's like a math problem

Hoping someone has a solution to a small snafu we hit in planning a Grand Gathering (fam of 17). Everyone is arriving at different times, and different days. We have 16 adults/children and one little boy under 3 year old. Issue:

4 Caliaros and 2 McMahons arrive Fri. morning

3 Bakers arrive Fri. evening

5 Helgrens arrive Fri. evening

The above = 12 people (and the little one under 3) and an odd woman out, who, for the rest of the trip, will be rooming with...

3 Simons, who are arriving Sat.

So for one night, cousin Katee will have no bed - no biggie, she's staying at a relative's condo for the night. So where lies the problem then? She can't get ON the Magic Express because she *technically* doesn't check in until the following day.

Did anyone follow that? We talked to Disney (once got a crabby old crone, once got a really nice lady) and they just don't see a way to make this work, even though Katee is PAYING for a room, therefor GETS a trip on the ME, and it should be fairly simple to say...oh, she's checking in tomorrow but getting here today? Just put her on today's ME...

Sigh. Anyone with any genius ideas? I think we're just going to put my Dad on the MEARS bus (he's already ridden ME and could care less) so cousin Katee will take his ticket. And we have the same problem on the way back...it's just such a waste of money!!! I'll take any ideas at this point...we're not even trying to rip off Disney ;~) Just tweak the system a lil'...:)

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
:confused:

Isn't the Mears shuttle like $20 or so one way? :shrug:

The last time I used Mears was about 7 years ago and it was around $50 each way if memory serves. I could be wrong though.

I just checked their website and it won't allow you to book a shuttle to Disney. It says to use ME. It will allow you to book a town car for the cost of $145 round trip.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
An extra night at POP will be cheaper than a Mears shuttle or a taxi. Just extend the room reservation for the Simons by one night and have her check in. The Simons can get there passes and door keys when they come in on Saturday.

The last time I used Mears was about 7 years ago and it was around $50 each way if memory serves. I could be wrong though.

I just checked their website and it won't allow you to book a shuttle to Disney. It says to use ME. It will allow you to book a town car for the cost of $145 round trip.

Mears is $18 one way. :animwink:

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Since the launch of DME on May 5, 2005, there is no more Mears shuttle going to WDW owned-and-operated resorts.

You're looking at a car service or taxi.

Upvote 0

shanny

or try emailing pam or marie at KK and explain the situation, maybe they can work something out with disney. i think sometimes they have some special powers of some sort :)

Upvote 0

amykissangel

Original Poster
Ok, we're just saying screw it all and paying for a taxi/shuttle/what-the-heck-ever. But...we want cousin Katee to be able to ride the ME...thought that would be no problem (my dad who could give a crap how he gets to the hotel as he's done it 18 times before, so he'd be the one taking the shuttle). But how does the photo ID work? Is there no way we could do this with getting Katee on the ME?

I know this sounds SO ridiculous, and so "Why don't you just put her on the shuttle and be done with it!?" but we'd really like her and her little girl to ride the ME together. So, can we:

Give Katee my mom's (Becky) ID. When she arrives (a few hours earlier than us), she will be Becky, have Becky's ID, and take the ME to the hotel. When we arrive, can we show ID for us (minus my mom's), then head out to the busses, where Mom will take Dad's ID to line up for the busses and Dad will head out and grab a shuttle?

I know, it's obnoxious as all get out...but will it work ? ;~) Thanks for your help!!

Upvote 0

figmentmom

If you're bound and determined to do all this complicated ID-swapping, go ahead. BUT - does everyone have enough ID to get through airport security as themselves? And do you have a Plan B if Disney re-checks ID before you actually board the ME? Personally, I doubt they will, and I think you'll be able to pull this off, but it wouldn't be worth the embarrassment of potentially getting caught for me.

Good luck, though.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom