MDE showing wrong times on ADR's

mbtohill

Original Poster
Anyone else have this problem. Every one of my ADR's has been moved ahead one hour on MDE. I know it has to be a glitch as even HDD review time was changed

JohnD

The mistake is just on my iphone app. On my computer the times are correct....VERY STRANGE!

Mine are BEHIND an hour on the iPhone app but correct on the desktop version. My trip is April 5-9. The only thing I can think of is that because my trip is during Daylight Savings Time (clocks set ahead 1 hour March 9-November 2), the times are displaying in Standard Time.

I've already provided them feedback regarding my issue. You can provide your own at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

JohnD

Question: Are the people having an issue in the same time-zone as WDW?

-Rob

I live in the Eastern Time Zone part of Florida. My times are an hour behind for a trip April 5-9. My guess is the App is showing EST when it should be showing EDT. As for those showing an hour ahead, perhaps their trip is scheduled during Standard time and not Daylight time and those people live in the Central Time Zone so their reservations are showing an hour ahead as Eastern Standard Time.

Last edited:

mbtohill

Original Poster
Just to clarify, as an example my Tusker House lunch reservation shows correctly as 12:35pm on my computer, but on the app it shows as 11:35 am and I live in the Eastern Time Zone. I'm racking my brain with Spring forward, fall back and still can't figure out if the Standard time to Daylight time reason applies.

Also, this change just happened this morning. I was on the app last night and everything was fine.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The feed to the apps is more than likely coming from a web service, which I am guessing is running on a server that now has a date/time issue.

JohnD

Response received from WDW:

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. My Disney Experience is in its infancy stages and we are currently working to fix all known errors. We sincerely appreciate your continued patience as we work to bring you more exciting tools and features than ever before. Please rest assured that I will be sending all pertinent information along to the appropriate departments for review and resolution.

If you continue to experience challenges with your reservations and the time settings please call our Internet Help Desk at (407) 939-7765. We are open 7 days a week, 7:00AM to 11:00PM eastern time.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Have a magical vacation!

Sincerely,

Nicole Wright
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
In MyDisneyExperience, while all of my reservations and plans display with the correct time on the desktop version, they all display an hour behind on the mobile app.

My trip is April 5-9, 2014. I would guess that the mobile app is not taking Daylight Savings Time into account and is therefore showing them a hour behind in standard time.

For example, I have reservations at LeCellier at 7:05pm EDT on Monday, April 7. This displays correctly on the desktop version. But the mobile app displays "6:05 PM" (EST?).

tink33

Our reservation is an hour behind on the app. When I "click" on it and it slides out to the right the time is correct.

MissingDisney

Just did mine today...same thing still happening on ipad app. I was already ticked off to be doing this in the first place and then the hours kept messing up....ditched the ipad and went to my desktop-no problems there, thankfully. I intend to print a copy of all like @Trotsky stated, but seriously, this should have been worked out before this was released. It's not like DST is a new concept. They want it to be 'mobile', yet their mobile apps don't work? :mad:

Just did mine today...same thing still happening on ipad app. I was already ticked off to be doing this in the first place and then the hours kept messing up....ditched the ipad and went to my desktop-no problems there, thankfully. I intend to print a copy of all like @Trotsky stated, but seriously, this should have been worked out before this was released. It's not like DST is a new concept. They want it to be 'mobile', yet their mobile apps don't work? :mad:
I totally agree! Feeling very irritated because how are we supposed to record all these reservations? Walk around with sheets of print out paper? Seriously? And what about if you want to change a reservation on your phone while in the park? What time will you be changing it too? Blech. This sounds like amateur hour

Anyone else have this problem. Every one of my ADR's has been moved ahead one hour on MDE. I know it has to be a glitch as even HDD review time was changed
This has been going on for over a week. I'm getting pretty ticked off about it quite frankly. It's pretty damn important to know what time your reservations are for pete's sake. This seems like a very basic function of such a system and I am really unimpressed. I hope some heads are rolling

MissingDisney

Got a reply from IT today...

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

I would love to help you with that! Our website support(they handle the
app as well) is aware of the situation, and it will be fixed shortly.
You are spot on, because the difference is because of Daylight Savings
Time.
If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom