MDE crashing

DisAl

You'd think they would have fixed this by now 🤷‍♂️
What, and spend more money just to make the customer experience better? They are destroying the value of Memory Maker with the worthless automated photo pass systems too. I have become convinced that WDW is completely ruled by bean counters and others who have come to care nothing about customer satisfaction as long as they can make a buck of of us.

Last edited:

Disney.Mike

You'd think they would have fixed this by now 🤷‍♂️

I interviewed for a data center architect role for Disney about a year and half ago. I ended up turning the job down because the pay wasnt what I expected. But I did ask what problems they were specifically looking to solve with their existing infrastructure. In short, they consider all their current offerings (MDE, website, ect...) to be stable and the role would be supporting future buildouts, not making anything they currently have better....

So I assume they still view the MDE app and website crashing as non issues.

cosmicgirl

I interviewed for a data center architect role for Disney about a year and half ago. I ended up turning the job down because the pay wasnt what I expected. But I did ask what problems they were specifically looking to solve with their existing infrastructure. In short, they consider all their current offerings (MDE, website, ect...) to be stable and the role would be supporting future buildouts, not making anything they currently have better....

Hah! Just yesterday I was trying to select FPs. The website kept telling me I couldn't select a second FP because of a time conflict with another FP when there was none. Turns out that if you click, say, 10:05-11:05 the website would randomly change that time to another time hours later and that did, in fact, have a conflict but there was no way to get the time you actually clicked. It just randomly changed times without telling you. So I turned to the app and that kept refusing to give a second FP at AK after I had selected FoP as the first one. Not a single ride or time worked unless I traded it for the FoP one.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Its been a spotty unreliable fiasco ever since being turned out. This and other issues that guests have to continually deal with. Theres enough stress involved with planning details and competing for choice dining and FP+ spots to add in a system thats unreliable. You would think that because Disney wants to be looked at as being innovative, advanced and a leader in the industry, and which forces us to use/ rely on this, they would have had a reliable fix in place. Its been ongoing for far, far too long.

NickMaio

What, and spend more money just to make the customer experience better? They are destroying the value of Memory Maker with the worthless automated photo pass systems too. I have become convinced that WDW is completely ruled by bean counters and others who have come to care nothing about customer satisfaction as long as they can make a buck of of us.
Sadly - I am in total agreement of what you, and others, are saying.
So sad..............they are really messing with a good thing.

Clamman73

Last year it was horrible for me picking fastpasses cause it never linked me even though I was...something internal was messed up and it took a week to get straightened out. But this year went smooth.
However, the magic band picking is a pain since some will appear but when you go to proceed it’s always out of stock.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Theres enough stress involved with planning details and competing for choice dining and FP+ spots to add in a system thats unreliable. You would think that because Disney wants to be looked at as being innovative, advanced and a leader in the industry, and which forces us to use/ rely on this, they would have had a reliable fix in place. Its been ongoing for far, far too long.
Negative, Ghostrider... Disney wants the planning process to be so onerous, you'll actually NEED your vacation.

stratman50th

Hah! Just yesterday I was trying to select FPs. The website kept telling me I couldn't select a second FP because of a time conflict with another FP when there was none. Turns out that if you click, say, 10:05-11:05 the website would randomly change that time to another time hours later and that did, in fact, have a conflict but there was no way to get the time you actually clicked. It just randomly changed times without telling you. So I turned to the app and that kept refusing to give a second FP at AK after I had selected FoP as the first one. Not a single ride or time worked unless I traded it for the FoP one.
Just a guess, but could this have been due to the attraction you were trying to pick had reached it's FP limit for that time period? (Next available not full time conflicted with your later FP).
I long for the days when you could just walk up, get in line and go on the ride. Yes I know.... ancient history.

cosmicgirl

Just a guess, but could this have been due to the attraction you were trying to pick had reached it's FP limit for that time period?
I long for the days when you could just walk up, get in line and go on the ride. Yes I know.... ancient history.
It happened with every single time slot I selected and for multiple attractions, and only on the website. The second issue (having to trade in FoP to get ANY second FP) was on the app.

trainplane3

I'm glad I only go to Disney's job site and then realize "why would I want to do this to myself?" before running the opposite direction. That is interesting and hilariously sad. If they're happy with their current setup, I wonder when there'll be a nice size data breach?

The company I work for is constantly investing in IT. There are so many large scale changes always happening but it's honestly for the best. You gotta keep up somehow!

Last edited:

Disney.Mike

I'm glad I only go to Disney's job site and then realize "why would I want to do this to myself?" before running the opposite direction. That is interesting and hilariously sad. If they're happy with their current setup, I wonder when there'll be a nice size data breach?

The company I work for is constantly investing in IT. There are so many large scale changes always happening but it's honestly for the best. You gotta keep up somehow!

I currently work for one of the large IT service providers (think IBM and Accenture size). I know we currently have a large contract with Disney but I don't know the details of it since I'm not working it.

I would imagine it revolves around cloud migration but can't say for sure.

Hopefully they will migrate the MDE system to AWS. The autoscaling of AWS would probably mitigate the crashing every morning issue.

But when I interviewed the guys who interviewed me talked like they wanted to keep their infrastructure on prem

DisneyJoe

Hopefully they will migrate the MDE system to AWS. The autoscaling of AWS would probably mitigate the crashing every morning issue.
I know that at least some applications are already on AWS, but I don't believe they have them configured properly for failover and autoscaling like they should be. Don't ask me how I know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom