MDE - can't link friend's reservation to my account

BlackCauldron

Original Poster
Our friends are joining us on our trip and want me to manage all of the reservations (magic bands, dining, any Genie+, etc.) on my account.

Both of our reservations are linked correctly on our respective MDE accounts. We are also each other's friends and family lists, and it's correctly set up so that both of us are sharing all of our plans, not just the shared plans. However, we are still unable to see each others plans and reservations.

I went back into my F&F list and removed my friend from my list. I then went into the ADD GUEST option in my MDE and entered her reservation number to find her again, and we linked back up. Still having the same issue - we can't see each other's reservations.

I've done this before with other friends, but have never had this issue and it's driving me nuts. Does anyone know how to fix this before I spend a week on the phone waiting for Disney IT?

Rickcat96

I believe you also have to share plans with any friends also

1642092081249.png

Rickcat96

Ok try this- remove your friend and set them up in your profile as plans managed by you. then send the invite and accept. they should merge

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I then went into the ADD GUEST option in my MDE and entered her reservation number to find her again, and we linked back up.
This is your problem.

You need to link by email address, not reservation number. She, logged in under her email address, needs to add her own reservation number. Then you link to her email address. You don't link to HER reservation.

JaxFLBear

This is your problem.

You need to link by email address, not reservation number. She, logged in under her email address, needs to add her own reservation number. Then you link to her email address. You don't link to HER reservation.
This is a valid method to connect with others that have their own room reservation linked to their own MDE account. You don't have to only link by email.

BlackCauldron

Original Poster
This is a valid method to connect with others that have their own room reservation linked to their own MDE account. You don't have to only link by email.

Sorry, still having issues. My friend already has her own MDE account and her reservation is linked within her account.

I wiped my F&F list clean and made sure we were both removed from each other's lists. I think re-linked to her via email, accepted, etc. Same issues - we can't see each other reservations. We are not grouped together as a planning party, even though our lists are shared.

JaxFLBear

Sorry, still having issues. My friend already has her own MDE account and her reservation is linked within her account.

I wiped my F&F list clean and made sure we were both removed from each other's lists. I think re-linked to her via email, accepted, etc. Same issues - we can't see each other reservations. We are not grouped together as a planning party, even though our lists are shared.
Try adding a Note (must use MDE website) and include them. See if that makes their plans show up.

Rob562

What specifically of your friend's are you trying to see and manage? I think there are some things that only the owner of the reservation can see, like the resort reservation.

I'm planning a trip with friends. We're staying at different resorts. I can see that they have tickets and their park reservations, but I can't see anything about their hotel reservation, MagicBand order, etc, and vice versa.

If you're worried about Genie+, you'll be able to book and pay for them yourself day-of.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom