MDE app glich????

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
I've got all my adr's and fp+ done for our upcoming trip in late March. What I noticed today, however, is if I access my itinerary on my laptop everything is as it should be but if I access the same info via the my disney experience on my phone everything is for an hour earlier (fp+ time frames as well as all my dining adr times). I've been to disney 3 times using magic bands and fp+ with this same phone and this hasn't happened before. I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it but it's still an hour off. My biggest concern is if we have a problem while in the park (like we did on our last trip) the first thing they asked us to do was pull up the if on my phone...and it's the phone info that's off. I've emailed disney but haven't heard back yet. Has this happened to anyone else???

Tom

Beta Return
There have been a handful of reports from people saying the same thing. It's most likely an issue with the app, which is VERY buggy right now. They keep updating it, but many features do not work right. The website is the best place to go for everything right now, since the data on there pulls straight from the database.

You can even use the MDE web page in a browser on your phone. It might require some zooming, but it still more reliable than the app.

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
Have to admit...glad it's not just me. We had 5 or 6 trips to guest services for a problem they never could fix on our last trip (which was only a 3 day weekend) and sooooo don't want to go through that again (sigh). I see la cava in my future.

MissingDisney

I sent an email to tech support yesterday. Heard back today...

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

I would love to help you with that! Our website support(they handle the
app as well) is aware of the situation, and it will be fixed shortly.
You are spot on, because the difference is because of Daylight Savings
Time.
If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Sleepy mom

I
I sent an email to tech support yesterday. Heard back today...

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

I would love to help you with that! Our website support(they handle the
app as well) is aware of the situation, and it will be fixed shortly.
You are spot on, because the difference is because of Daylight Savings
Time.
If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.
I was told by tech support that it's an issue with some phones not their ap? They wanted me to look into it with my service provider.

MissingDisney

I

I was told by tech support that it's an issue with some phones not their ap? They wanted me to look into it with my service provider.
Not so much. We have 3 different phones, Android and iPhone included, and both tablets. It's wrong on all. NOT a phone issue. Sounds like you got one of those less than educated tech-support team members to answer your question.

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
Not so much. We have 3 different phones, Android and iPhone included, and both tablets. It's wrong on all. NOT a phone issue. Sounds like you got one of those less than educated tech-support team members to answer your question.

we've checked using different phones (one android one iphone)too and even two different carriers (verizon and t-mobile)and it's still off. i emailed tech support too...if for no other reason than to add my name to the list.

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
So here's the response I got via email...

Greetings from the Walt Disney World® Resort!
Thank you for writing to us. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Disney and value the time you took to share your thoughts. Please be assured you that your message has been received and we have begun the process of researching your needs. Please understand that, depending on the nature of your request and the amount of research required to provide you with the most accurate and timely information, our response time may vary. Should we need to enlist the help of other Disney experts to provide you the best answer you may find that your response comes from that resource rather than this e-mail address. If you are visiting the Walt Disney World® Resort within the next two weeks and need immediate assistance, please call us at 407 W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) between 7:00am and 11:00pm E.S.T. daily. Again, thank you for your message and thank you in advance for your patience. We look forward to assisting you soon. Walt Disney World® Resort Online Communications and Support Team.

dreamfinder

I

Standard tech response. Although I'm surprised they skipped the following steps 1 & 2
1) Power cycle the device
2) Remove and reinstall the app
3) Pass the buck to someone else only tangentially involved

AlohaAnnie

We are having the same issue, our stay is from 3/28-4/5. I just seen on the front page here that Disney is going to release an updated version of MDE App soon for IOS and later for the android market. Hopefully sooner than later and I am in an eastern time zone ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom