MCU Phase 4 and beyond

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
...but their Disney-Marvel franchises have to come to an end...
I will also say this, its all Disney/Marvel franchises. So it isn't like a separate entity. We have to stop thinking like each group is run in a silo.

Disney is positioning itself as a content generation behemoth. Every group will be working with each to produce content for all distribution channels, from Movies to Streaming to TV, and everything in-between.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
Okay, I respect your belief. Here's my article on Comic Amino about how things would be different if Ruffalo and Don Cheadle were James Rhodes and Bruce Banner much sooner.

Please note its against Forum policy to make a post for self-promotion, please review the terms:

Last edited by a moderator:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
Namor as I understand it is still tied up in contracts with other parties (albeit not Universal it appears), so I doubt we'll see a Namor appearance in Phase 4.

Union Jack already made an appearance in First Avenger as one of the Howling Commandos, so likely not him unless its a prequel to the prequel. But it could be a Freedom's Five movie, with Orson Randall's Iron Fist (predecessor to Danny Rand from the TV show) instead of Union Jack.

Having a Freedom's Five film with Orson Randall's Iron Fist is a great idea because it can act as prequel to Marvel's Iron Fist and officially connect the Netflix shows to the MCU. It can further explain the history of Kung-Lun and fully show it for the first time.

Continued...

I do believe a reverse of the snap will have a ripple effect in time and space in the MCU, not to mention the butterfly effect of going into the time vortex in the quantum realm. So we could see all kind of changes to the overall lineup of characters in the MCU....

Phicinfan

Feige says they have a 5 year plan for Phase 4 and right now it doesn't include the X-Men: https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-studios-has-a-5-year-phase-4-plan-that-probably-1833888644

That doesn't mean it won't include mutants, but I'm not going to complain if they build up to forming the X-Men at a slower pace.
I wouldn't hold that in stone. I am betting at some point Phase 4 is adjusted to include both the X-men and FF. That is way too much to leave on the back burner. Now, that being said, I think we all agree that some time between now and then will be needed, to start all of them over fresh.

Lucky Rabbit

I wouldn't hold that in stone. I am betting at some point Phase 4 is adjusted to include both the X-men and FF. That is way too much to leave on the back burner. Now, that being said, I think we all agree that some time between now and then will be needed, to start all of them over fresh.
One biggest adjustment to Phase 4 might happen soon. Shang Chi is seemingly getting fast tracked for 2020.

Destin Daniel Cretton is directing: https://deadline.com/2019/03/destin-creston-shang-chi-marvel-choice-1202575136/

Dave Callaham is writing the script: https://deadline.com/2018/12/shang-...allaham-kevin-feige-black-panther-1202512660/

Remy Hii, raised and lives in Australia, was recently announced for Far From Home. Some people think he may be Shang-Chi: https://www.thewrap.com/crazy-rich-asian-remy-hii-spider-man-far-from-home/

Marvel recently got approved for a $18 million subsidy to shoot a movie in Australia at their Fox Studios: https://variety.com/2019/film/asia/...arvel-movie-fox-studios-australia-1203181601/

The Sydney Morning Herald believes it’s Shang-Chi: https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...ipped-to-shoot-in-sydney-20190404-p51ar0.html the writer added on Twitter when asked about how soon it would film:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Feige says they have a 5 year plan for Phase 4 and right now it doesn't include the X-Men: https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-studios-has-a-5-year-phase-4-plan-that-probably-1833888644

That doesn't mean it won't include mutants, but I'm not going to complain if they build up to forming the X-Men at a slower pace.

The title of the article you link to very specifically says "(Probably) Does Not Include the X-Men" [emph. added], and yet, you confidently assert Feige has ruled out the use of X-Men for the next 5 years when the article's quote of him says no such thing.

Feige is saying they had a 5 year plan in place without the Fox supers. So, they could go 5 years without them. But Feige didn't say that that was the case. He hedged his language so that those supers could indeed come in early... or not.

Remember the full slate of Phase 3 movies they had once advertised and then got all moved around? That could happen, especially since we don't even know what the 5 year plan was before the Fox acquisition.

Lucky Rabbit

The title of the article you link to very specifically says "(Probably) Does Not Include the X-Men" [emph. added], and yet, you confidently assert Feige has ruled out the use of X-Men for the next 5 years when the article's quote of him says no such thing.

Feige is saying they had a 5 year plan in place without the Fox supers. So, they could go 5 years without them. But Feige didn't say that that was the case. He hedged his language so that those supers could indeed come in early... or not.

Remember the full slate of Phase 3 movies they had once advertised and then got all moved around? That could happen, especially since we don't even know what the 5 year plan was before the Fox acquisition.
I said “right now” I have no idea if they’ll stick to the plan, or if he’s playing coy until D23.

I also said I wouldn’t mind building up to the X-Men, and that’s very true. In my mind no X-Men doesn’t mean no mutants. What if they introduce Professor X, Logan, etc. pre X-Men in other movies? Or they could even show off Logan in his Alpha Flight days. Though a lot of my knowledge from Alpha Flight comes from the Fox cartoon. I don’t know if he was on that team in the comics.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm waiting for Avenger Babies!
clean.jpg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
Continued...

I do believe a reverse of the snap will have a ripple effect in time and space in the MCU, not to mention the butterfly effect of going into the time vortex in the quantum realm. So we could see all kind of changes to the overall lineup of characters in the MCU....
So based on the latest Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer, they are going down this route of a Snap Ripple Effect after the reverse snap like I suggested including introducing the Multiverse in the MCU. This could lead to bigger plots in Phase 4 and beyond, including but not limited other version of existing characters in the MCU and introducing new characters.

So Phase 4 looks so far like prequels and cosmic stories like the Eternals. We'll see how the snap ripple effect will play into this story arc of Phase 4.

Only 3 months to go to D23 and 2 months to Comic-Con, both after Spider-Man. So we should be getting something of a Phase 4 announcement at either one of these. Interesting times....

ppete1975

Agreed, I don't see a solo Hulk film anytime soon, if ever.

Really there isn't too much more they can tell with Hulk in a solo film anyways that they couldn't tell in a team up film. Banner gets (or stays) mad, Hulk Smash, Banner is back, end of film. While I like the character, and like Ruffalo playing him, he's a pretty boring solo character.
theres a lot they can do... especially if hulk breaks from banner... we got a hint of that in avengers. Hulk right now is more banner..... logical banner using savage hulks strength... but what if hulks brain and logic take over
See the source image

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
theres a lot they can do... especially if hulk breaks from banner... we got a hint of that in avengers. Hulk right now is more banner..... logical banner using savage hulks strength... but what if hulks brain and logic take over
See the source image

From a movie stand point I don't see that being a very good movie. Hulk splits from Banner, Hulk Smash, army goes after Hulk, Hulk Smash, Banner gets Hulk back, end of movie. Its basically the same movie we've already seen before in the two previous Hulk solo films, its redundant. So unless its full blown Grey Hulk and we see him as some enforcer for the mob like in the animated series I just don't see a Green Hulk solo film being done again.

Really if any solo Hulk film has any chance of working at this point in the MCU, in my opinion, is to continue with Professor Hulk. Hulk has more humanity at this point in the MCU, its not just Hulk Smash anymore. They touched upon this in Infinity War when Hulk wouldn't come out, he doesn't want to just be used to fight. So any solo film would have to move forward with that humanity not back to Hulk Smash or it betrays the character they've setup and is cheap. And Feige is too smart for that.

ppete1975

From a movie stand point I don't see that being a very good movie. Hulk splits from Banner, Hulk Smash, army goes after Hulk, Hulk Smash, Banner gets Hulk back, end of movie. Its basically the same movie we've already seen before in the two previous Hulk solo films, its redundant. So unless its full blown Grey Hulk and we see him as some enforcer for the mob like in the animated series I just don't see a Green Hulk solo film being done again.

Really if any solo Hulk film has any chance of working at this point in the MCU, in my opinion, is to continue with Professor Hulk. Hulk has more humanity at this point in the MCU, its not just Hulk Smash anymore. They touched upon this in Infinity War when Hulk wouldn't come out, he doesn't want to just be used to fight. So any solo film would have to move forward with that humanity not back to Hulk Smash or it betrays the character they've setup and is cheap. And Feige is too smart for that.
who says its on earth? The comics have him on different planets.. heck ragnorock (sp) hints at that. Im not saying they will or even should, just that the comic hulk is a more complex character than the hulk movies have portrayed.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think namor might be coming... theres an easter egg in the commercials for endgame and its in the movie... its those few seconds of talking about an underwater earthquake.. the way it was done... just stuck out to me... and it didn't feel like a throw away line....
then I read this

Sorry no, the writers already squashed that and other fan made up theories:

Namor may come one day, but it won't be from an Easter Egg in Endgame.

seascape

Why would Disney do a stand alone Hulk movie when it would be distributed by Universal giving them a fortune. If they do, there has to be something else involved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom