MCU Phase 4 and beyond

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
With Phase 3 coming to an end with End Game and Far from Home, and Phase 4 starting after that. What else do we think will be coming in Phase 4? Do we think that Fox Marvel properties will make their MCU debut in Phase 4 or will that wait until Phase 5?

This and many more MCU discussions....

Please keep all politics and negativity out of this thread.

Edit - to change Far from Home ending Phase 3.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

As for phase 4 and beyond, we already know phase 4 will focus on space, I believe that has been shared by Feige already.
You have Eternals known, I also wonder if we have seen the last of the skrulls that got introduced by Captain Marvel - plus we have now known negatives in Kree. Don't forget that at end of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 we got a shot of Adam Warlock as well. I really think Spiderman far from home will only set the table for which marvel characters will be focussed on, and we won't get a real solid view of phase 4 until we see GotG 3 and Dr Strange 2. I am also really curious to see what direction we get from BP2 as well.

I am thinking the goal of phase 4 is to reset Avengers - so that in Phase 5 or 4+ we get added in the X-men and FF4 and maybe get the big conflicts.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It would be odd for all of the sudden the nutent population to just start existing in the MCU. Maybe its something they can weave into the story line of end game like “Aevengers correcting the snap by going back in time triggers mutent gene activation” or something like that.

Phicinfan

It would be odd for all of the sudden the nutent population to just start existing in the MCU. Maybe its something they can weave into the story line of end game like “Aevengers correcting the snap by going back in time triggers mutent gene activation” or something like that.
Maybe, or...... they have some key Avengers in their single stories have some mysterious interactions with unknowns with special abilities that forces them to start investigating......

matt78

I wouldn't worry about it. I am sure this is something Feige has been planning for a long time. My guess is that mutants will get their powers the same way that Wanda and Pietro did by using the mind stone. Speaking of Pietro I wonder if they do go back in time in Endgame whether or not they will save him.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
The MCU has kind of already touched on the mutant aspect with the Inhumans in both the solo TV show and in Agents of Shield.

So they could continue with the Kree storyline of using the terrigen to make mutants.

erasure fan1

Honestly, I want to know if there will be a comic author or movie producer to take on the Stan Lee cameo role
I hope they just put up a photo, poster or a billboard somewhere in the background. There is a lot they could do with it to carry on the tradition.

As far as the next phase, that's not phases according to Kevin, will probably lean on the new acquisitions with fantastic 4 entering the mcu before xmen. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
I hope they just put up a photo, poster or a billboard somewhere in the background. There is a lot they could do with it to carry on the tradition.
This might be a good compromise to keep the SL cameo alive.

As far as the next phase, that's not phases according to Kevin, will probably lean on the new acquisitions with fantastic 4 entering the mcu before xmen. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.
Actually that is outdated information from 2017. As of December 2018 they have confirmed it'll be called Phase 4. Maybe after Phase 4 they'll call it something different, but the next one will be called Phase 4.

I do agree it'll be interesting to see how it all will play out.

Also just so its put in this thread, Marvel has confirmed that no characters will be "rebooted" in the MCU. So once a character is gone, ie dead, post End Game, they are gone. There will be no recasting of characters, though I do expect some characters will take up different mantles, such as Bucky taking up Capt America mantle. So what I expect is that it'll be at that time, post End Game, that they will introduce the New Avengers hinted at at the end of AoU, which will likely include Capt Marvel.

Princess Leia

This might be a good compromise to keep the SL cameo alive.

Actually that is outdated information from 2017. As of December 2018 they have confirmed it'll be called Phase 4. Maybe after Phase 4 they'll call it something different, but the next one will be called Phase 4.

I do agree it'll be interesting to see how it all will play out.

Also just so its put in this thread, Marvel has confirmed that no characters will be "rebooted" in the MCU. So once a character is gone, ie dead, post End Game, they are gone. There will be no recasting of characters, though I do expect some characters will take up different mantles, such as Bucky taking up Capt America mantle. So what I expect is that it'll be at that time, post End Game, that they will introduce the New Avengers hinted at at the end of AoU, which will likely include Capt Marvel.
They have so many characters and stories they can tell, they really don’t need to start from page 1 and do Iron Man again.

brodie999

Here are my predictions about Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I've got a feeling Marvel will go back to releasing 3 movies a year in 2020. Especially since Doctor Strange 2 is rumoured to be released next year. Heck, they might even start releasing 4 films a year starting with 2021.

Black Widow(2020) - May 1st.

The Eternals(2020) - July 31st.

Doctor Strange 2(2020) - November 6th.

Black Panther 2(2021) - February 12th.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3(2021) - May 7th.

Fantastic Four(2021) - August 18th.

Shang-Chi(2021) - November 5th.

Captain Marvel 2(2022) - February 18th.

Avengers: Secret Invasion(2022) -May 6

Spider-Man: Home for Graduation(2022) - July 29th.

Marvel's X-Men(2022) - November 9th.

The Incredible Hulk 2(2023) - March 15th(depending if Marvel gets the distribution rights to the Hulk back).

Avengers: Dark Reign(2023) - April 25th.

2 of the 2023 films will be part of a potential Phase 5.

Black Widow 2(2023) - July 5th.

Black Knight(2023) - November 22nd

Last edited:

WhatJaneSays

Here are my predictions about Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I've got a feeling Marvel will go back to releasing 3 movies a year in 2020. Especially since Doctor Strange 2 is rumoured to be released next year. Heck, they might even start releasing 4 films a year starting with 2021.

Cut for space

I think you're pretty close. I know they quietly dropped the July 2020 date so Eternals will likely be later, maybe 2021. Black Widow is almost a sure thing for 2020 (they are already spinning up production without naming the movie).

Marvel is really trying to make the 3 movies a year work. I could see them going back to 2 movies for years with a large cast/team ups and sticking with the 3 a year on the solo movies. I feel that Marvel has been good about calling their shots since moving around the few dates after the big Phase 3 announcement. We'll likely be getting a similar Phase 4 announcement at either Comic Con or D23 Expo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom