MCO Is currently a nightmare

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
FYI for anyone traveling this weekend. There was some sort of crisis here and our flights back home for today were cancelled, twice.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
There are reports of a suicide, it sounds like a TSA employee dove off a hotel balcony a little while ago.

NYwdwfan

NYwdwfan

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
That’s sad, condolences to his family. I’m currently in line for SWA to be honest I don’t think anyone is getting out of here on time today

SirWillow

The major issue was that after the man fell/jumped, people stampeded past the security had bring back everyone from a major section of the airport and have them all go through security again.

i've read a few articles saying that security told people to run through as they weren't aware of what the situation was yet. But yes, then it means they had to empty the terminal and rescreen everyone. To bad they couldnt' have stopped all the ones that went through security before they got on the shuttles. Probably would have saved a ton of time.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The major issue was that after the man fell/jumped, people stampeded past the security had bring back everyone from a major section of the airport and have them all go through security again.
i've read a few articles saying that security told people to run through as they weren't aware of what the situation was yet. But yes, then it means they had to empty the terminal and rescreen everyone. To bad they couldnt' have stopped all the ones that went through security before they got on the shuttles. Probably would have saved a ton of time.

Not sure if you all saw the pictures but the security line was all the way out to the SWA drop-off when I arrived. And the SWA line itself to check-in was tough. We could’ve still made our second booked flight had SW not cancelled it on us. Then as we talked to others here at Dolphin we were told some people had been there since early morning and were stuck. Just a chaotic day.

DisneyAndADoleWhip

It looked like the security lines had regulated when we went through at 7pm yesterday. It only took my group of 13 twenty-five minutes to get through. Very solemn feeling in the airport though.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
It looked like the security lines had regulated when we went through at 7pm yesterday. It only took my group of 13 twenty-five minutes to get through. Very solemn feeling in the airport though.

I’m waiting at my gate now. Security took about 30 minutes but it was a night and day difference compared to yesterday. Im glad you made it through okay.

I’d say TSA was miserable but they’re always like that. Actually, some agents were nice compared to what I’ve experienced with them.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That's what mystifies me... why should a suicide at the hotel affect security in the airsides???

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
That's what mystifies me... why should a suicide at the hotel affect security in the airsides???

From the news that I had read, it happened right outside the terminal B security checkpoint (where the NASA, and the theme park gift shops are) and people in their panic pushed into the secure area causing additional delays.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I still don't get it. If the TSA agents manning the checkpoints thought there was a security incident, they should have locked down the checkpoint and not let anyone get closer to the airplanes. That's what they're there for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom