MCMCP - MagicBand or Print? Or Both?

hominamad

Original Poster
I'm leaving for WDW next week and bought tickets for the Christmas Party two days ago. I already have magic bands. I received the confirmation for my party tickets purchase but for some reason can't find the fact that I bought them anywhere on the website.

The confirmation email says to print the tickets, but I'm not sure if this is old wording or not, now that I have a magic band. Do I use the magic band as my ticket? And if yes, should I be able to see it somewhere on my online profile? If I want to print them as well, can I still do that? I can't seem to find any link to do that anywhere.

Am going to call the help desk but won't have time until tomorrow. Thought maybe some experienced persons on here could help! :)

Thanks!

Rob562

Your MVMCP tickets probably aren't linked to your Bands automatically. You'd have to add them and assign them to the correct profiles. You might want to print them out and bring them just in case.

-Rob

hominamad

Original Poster
When I tried to link them using the reservation code in the confirmation email, it said they either can't be linked or are already linked. And I can't seem to find how to print them. Probably need to call the helpline to straighten out.

Rob562

I've never ordered print-out-yourself tickets from Disney, so I can't help you there. It's always been at-the-gate or I got physical tickets through the mail.

-Rob

ratherbeinwdw

They sent us regular hard tickets for MVMCP, and I had to link them to the site. Even though they are linked to the account, I plan to use the hard tickets to get in instead of the magic bands since two in our party only have two day tickets, and we have to make sure they don't use up one of their days which are also linked to the magic band.

asialeigh

For entrance to MNSSHP and MVMCP guests still need to use the actual hard tickets. Party tickets can technically be linked to magic band (it will let you do so) but are not valid for usage on Magic Bands to enter party, at least not yet.

asialeigh

So basically bring print out with confirmation number, bring it to concierge at your resort or ticket window at parks to redeem for actual hard ticket media.

lazyboy97o

For Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party I spent a good bit of time at Guest Relations because my tickets were supposedly linked to the MagicBands I did not have. The Resort Concierge (room reservation was not linked to my Disney account) was unable to help and said I had to go to Guest Relations or a Ticket Window to have it resolved.

tecowdw

For entrance to MNSSHP and MVMCP guests still need to use the actual hard tickets. Party tickets can technically be linked to magic band (it will let you do so) but are not valid for usage on Magic Bands to enter party, at least not yet.

Wait a minute....it lets you link these special event tickets to your MB but they won't work on the MB? This is just ridiculous on Disney's part! It would be a real hassle for people to link their ticket (paper or card), feel it is working, not take the ticket and then get there and the MB doesn't work. Ugh!! If it won't work, why on earth would the MDE website go through the motions of doing it? Is this a subgroup of healthcare.gov? ;)

I linked my MVMCP a little bit ago, pleased that it linked and was disappointed to read this post. Oh well...I'll be sure to take my actual tickets thanks to this new insight.

asialeigh

Wait a minute....it lets you link these special event tickets to your MB but they won't work on the MB? This is just ridiculous on Disney's part! It would be a real hassle for people to link their ticket (paper or card), feel it is working, not take the ticket and then get there and the MB doesn't work. Ugh!! If it won't work, why on earth would the MDE website go through the motions of doing it? Is this a subgroup of healthcare.gov? ;)

I linked my MVMCP a little bit ago, pleased that it linked and was disappointed to read this post. Oh well...I'll be sure to take my actual tickets thanks to this new insight.

I mean I'm sure the plan is for it to eventually work but as far as I know it's better to be safe and bring the actual ticket. Also you can't make fast pass+ selections during the party so it may confuse the system if a ticket is linked but is not capable of fast pass+. Remember this is all still in testing phases :)

JohnD

It's not just "both" but "all". Print out your ticket. Take it with you. If you receive a card with a character on it. Take that too. Lastly, add your ticket to MDE. This will put the ticket on your MB. You have three options to get in.

tecowdw

Also you can't make fast pass+ selections during the party so it may confuse the system if a ticket is linked but is not capable of fast pass+.
Is regular Fastpass even offered during the parties? I was thinking they didn't do any FP during those but maybe I didn't pay close enough attention in the past.

tecowdw

It's not just "both" but "all". Print out your ticket. Take it with you. If you receive a card with a character on it. Take that too. Lastly, add your ticket to MDE. This will put the ticket on your MB. You have three options to get in.
Indeed!! At least one has got to work! :)

JohnD

Is regular Fastpass even offered during the parties? I was thinking they didn't do any FP during those but maybe I didn't pay close enough attention in the past.

No. However, if you arrive between approx 4 and 7 (party start time), you can still do regular FP or FP+ if MK was already your chosen park for the day during regular hours. Of course there would have to still be FPs available for distribution but remember the last hour would be 6-7.

JohnD

Indeed!! At least one has got to work! :)

Yep! I had all three. I tapped my Goofy card just because. (I have an AP card with Mickey and an expired 1-day MK card with Donald). But the print out was in my backpack and the party already coded on my MB.

jlsHouston

hmmmm, I bought tickets and they came as cards, a minnie, a goofy and a donald....Those are what get me through the gate correct ? I got nothing to print out and I have done nothing with the magic bands I got except try mine on and let the kids try theirs...

JohnD

hmmmm, I bought tickets and they came as cards, a minnie, a goofy and a donald....Those are what get me through the gate correct ? I got nothing to print out and I have done nothing with the magic bands I got except try mine on and let the kids try theirs...

When I purchased both the MNSSHP (9/29) and MVMCP (11/11) tickets online through MDE, I received a confirmation email to print out my ticket. On Sunday 11/10 while at Guest Relations in HS, I was offered a card. I said "Sure" if only to add Goofy to Mickey (on my AP) and Donald (on a 1-day MK ticket). I was told that the 11/11 party was also already coded to my MB.

jlsHouston

When I purchased both the MNSSHP (9/29) and MVMCP (11/11) tickets online through MDE, I received a confirmation email to print out my ticket. On Sunday 11/10 while at Guest Relations in HS, I was offered a card. I said "Sure" if only to add Goofy to Mickey (on my AP) and Donald (on a 1-day MK ticket). I was told that the 11/11 party was also already coded to my MB.

Are you on property right now ???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom