McDonald's Celebrates Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary with 50 Limited Edition Happy Meal Toys

RScottyL

Original Poster
From https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mcdonalds-celebrates-walt-disney-worlds-211716538.html :

McDonalds customers may find a happy surprise in their Happy Meals later this month.

Starting Sept. 14, the fast food restaurant giant is getting in helping celebrate Walt Disney World Resort's upcoming 50th anniversary with with custom Happy Meal toys and a chance to win a vacation to Disney's big milestone event in Orlando.

The event is for a limited time, and only at participating McDonald's nationwide, but the gifts will be big for Disney fans. The home of the Golden Arches will be dolling out never-before-seen figurines — 50 in total — each featuring different fan favorite figurines of Disney characters over the years. Some will even be donning "Disney's 50th Anniversary Celebration EARidenscent fashion," according to a release.

The full list of characters include Celebration Mickey Mouse, Flounder, Timothy Mouse, Abu, Genie, Bambi, Celebration Dale, R2-D2, Celebration Minnie Mouse, Sebastian, Bruni, Tinker Bell, Bo Peep, Cheshire Cat, Miguel, Joe Gardner, Celebration Daisy Duck, Celebration Goofy, Piglet, Lumiere, Frozone, Dory, Dante, BB-8, Celebration Pluto, Lady Tramp, Jaq, Rocket, Edna Mode, Jiminy Cricket, Simba, Winnie The Pooh, Cogsworth, Gus, HeiHei, Mad Hatter, Stitch, Woody, Groot, Olaf, Pua, Pinocchio, Celebration Donald Duck, Dumbo, Pumbaa, Thumper, Celebration Chip, Nemo, and Timon.

If that weren't enough, McDonald's diners will also have the chance to win a family vacation for four to Walt Disney World Resort's once-in-a-lifetime 50th anniversary celebration, which kicks off in October and runs through 2022.

Those who order a Happy Meal via mobile order and pay on the McDonald's app between Sept. 25 through Oct. 1 will automatically be entered for a chance to nab the prize.

Attachments

• 2021-09-11_15-53-23.jpg
    2021-09-11_15-53-23.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 110

JIMINYCR

Personally liked the train idea better, ashame one mistake ruined that entire line.
I was one of the lucky ones to get the complete set.
I guerss I'll be back ordering a bunch of happy meals again. We especially will be keeping an eye out for Jiminy Cricket. I'll try getting the entire collection of 50... but there are a few in there I'm more desiring to get.

Cmdr_Crimson

Here's the full set which is basically the entire Gold Statues and No Figment or Orange Bird as they were replaced..IMO The smarter idea would have done this as a Blind Bag set...Making it much more frustrating for the Vloggers and TikTokkers to get their grubby hands on them...
6gwf3sttzqk71.jpg

Figments Friend

Just a friendly reminder for those wishing to try to 'collect em' all' during the promotion -

At most McDonald's locations, you do NOT have to actually buy a Happy Meal or any fast food to score one of the toy figures.
You can directly purchase the toys for about $2.50 to $3 each in person at the counter.

At many locations, if you ask nicely, whoever is serving you will show you what the current figures they have availible that day are.
Typically, two to three choices are availible.
Just ask.

;)

-

Figments Friend

Here's the full set which is basically the entire Gold Statues and No Figment or Orange Bird as they were replaced..IMO The smarter idea would have done this as a Blind Bag set...Making it much more frustrating for the Vloggers and TikTokkers to get their grubby hands on them...
6gwf3sttzqk71.jpg

Are you sure these aren't going to be blind bagged?
Makes more sense to do so to increase McD's sales with customers trying to find certain ones.

-

ohioguy

Just go on eBay in a few months and you'll be able to buy all 50 as a set for a cheaper price than all those Happy Meals...

spock8113

Wasn't McD's a big sponsor for the original Animal Kingdom before it departed and AK got scaled down?
Remember the McD's Freedom Fry stand near Pecos Bill's? Interesting, unusual and limited time business partnership!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Wasn't McD's a big sponsor for the original Animal Kingdom before it departed and AK got scaled down?
Remember the McD's Freedom Fry stand near Pecos Bill's? Interesting, unusual and limited time business partnership!

Yes they were. I have a placemat thing that they put on the trays at McDonald's that has a map of the Animal Kingdom on it as part of the opening promotion. I used it to "study" the park before I went so I would know where to go. I think there were Happy Meal toys as well, but I don't have any of those.

Cmdr_Crimson

Yes they were. I have a placemat thing that they put on the trays at McDonald's that has a map of the Animal Kingdom on it as part of the opening promotion. I used it to "study" the park before I went so I would know where to go. I think there were Happy Meal toys as well, but I don't have any of those.
Yes they did have an AK toy set..The one that made it illusive was the Beastly Kingdom's section toy a Big purple Dragon as the land never became to be..I have found 2 bagged versions at a flea market a few years ago..
b85f1dcccf8ddab99816535d2be7634f.jpg

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Promotion is winding down soon, kids.
October 18th is the last day...so collect em' while ya can!

I still haven't been able to get one of the WDW 50th Happy Meal boxes.
If anyone has one in like new condition, I will trade you a set of brand new 50th Guide Map brochures from WDW.
PM me here if you would like to trade!

:)

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom