May the Fourth Star Wars Celebration at Disney's Hollywood Studios 2015

cjk0318

Contrary to popular belief, there's nothing happening at Studios this year- no fireworks, as many people have posted on social media.

Last edited:

prberk

It always seemed to me that, if they were going to start Star Wars Weekends in May instead of the old June timeframe, they might as well start on May the Fourth. Just makes too much sense to me.

But maybe that is the problem....

On a side note, I thought my geek friends here might appreciate that I am in charge of a local organization at work that gets together several times a year for continuing education credits; and since our next conference will be held on May 4, I am tweaking it a little with some Star Wars references, to keep the geeks happy and the other people shaking their heads.

Hey, we are auditors and accountants. Plenty of geeks among our group. I will be curious to see whether the smiles outnumber the groans.

EDIT: I remembered it wrong. It used to be all in May, not June. Need to go back to that. Makes even more sense. Thanks, @mhead .

Well, the presentation went really well, and they loved the SW references. It gave some fun and lightheartedness to an otherwise dry subject.

For example, I pop-quizzed them by showing them a picture and asked wheher the cantina bar would be real estate or personal property -- and what factors we would need to know in order to determine that.

Total geekdom, but we had fun, and they laughed a little.

Bolt

image.jpg

PhotoDave219

Contrary to popular belief, there's nothing happening at Studios this year- no fireworks, as many people have posted on social media.

Considering there's construction going on at one of the launch points, no fireworks.

We had this crop up when the FrozenWorks ended.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom