May or November 2020

BOOMitsGeorgia

Hi all,

Came back from WDW on 11th November this year and found it a lot busier than last time I was there in November. Planning on going in 2020 but can't decide on a month. Will first 2 weeks of May be quieter than November was or is every month going to be manic because of Star Wars? Any other months that are best would help us decide :) (literally can go anytime of the year)

Thank you

Nottamus

We noticed the same thing this November. We actually got there the 11th, and immediately noticed it was busier than last trip...which was April 2018. (and last November for that matter)

We go once in the fall, once in spring...and the spring target is always the week following Easter week. So far, it hasn't let us down. Its a great time to go.
Fall of 2019 will be tricky with SWGE opening and all.

May is good too. Early May.

Upvote 0

Leo!

Been there past may from 15 to 20th. A ghost town sometimes if you go to the park early in the morning. May is the slower time of the year for me, but with upcoming openings, you never know.

Other months I'd recommend if you want to avoid crowds, february (avoiding presidents week), early September (if heat is not a problem) or you know crowd patterns are changing... been there July 2017 and was pretty good, with prices up and no promos.

Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I went in May this year and found the crowds to be very manageable. One other perks was the weather was perfect everyday, vs our August trip when it rained every day (obviously going to Florida that is a given that time of year :) ) we are now going in March in 2019. I’ve only been to Disneyland that time of year so I’m excited to try it!

I don’t think you can go wrong either way but May might be a bit less busy.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

May should be a better choice. Our May trip this past year found slightly more crowds that before but the reality is that all the months are seeing growing crowds. We liked Nov before but its seen a larger spike upwards. SW certainly will draw the fans and build crowds in so who knows how thats going to multiply the numbers once it opens. Lots of WDW trips are being put off in anticipation for the new exciting land to come.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom