May or June?

poohbear6103

Hi all,
I am planning on going to the World sometime this spring. We always go in August/September because of the great hotel prices.
Was able to get a good one this time around for May and early June so thought we would go for a few days.
For those of you who have visited the World during this time what would be best for 6 days/5 night:
May 16th to the 21st
OR
June 6th to the 11th
Our biggest concern is crowds (we can find a way around weather issues). This is the reason I am not going the last week of May because of Memorial Day.
Can anyone help?

shoppingnut

Definitely go May 16-21 the crowds will be much less and the weather is generally not as hot as June. It's also the Flower & Garden Festival in Epcot which is really nice to see.

Upvote 0

Caseyis8

My family and I always go at the end of April or the beginning of May. The weather is great and the crowds are very minimal since it is right after spring break and right before summer vacation. I would choose May instead of June. That is just my opinion. :)

Upvote 0

Zip-D-Dude

I will be there 17-24th. :wave: I hope the crowds are not that bad, but also the StarWars Weekends will start on the 19-20th. June will have a lot of people out on Summer vacation.

Upvote 0

P74724

I have been told that crowds are not that bad the first 2 weeks of June, of course... they are less in May. I am going from June 4-11. See ya there!

Upvote 0

Yetiguy

poohbear6103 said:
Hi all,
I am planning on going to the World sometime this spring. We always go in August/September because of the great hotel prices.
Was able to get a good one this time around for May and early June so thought we would go for a few days.
For those of you who have visited the World during this time what would be best for 6 days/5 night:
May 16th to the 21st
OR
June 6th to the 11th
Our biggest concern is crowds (we can find a way around weather issues). This is the reason I am not going the last week of May because of Memorial Day.
Can anyone help?

Have a great trip! Don't waste your time on Everest. It's highly overrated.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There really is no off season anymore so you will have larger crowds to deal with either way. May would still be my choice. Crowds will be smaller than June and the weather won't be as extreme.

Upvote 0

SarahBella82

Oh- I forgot about that! Last time I visited in May, I hit just the beginning of the show, before all of the displays were complete, and I was still blown away by the scale of it all. It's gorgeous!

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

We are going in early June so we can still catch the Flower and Garden Festival. Sure my parents get into that more than I do, but I still enjoy the great themeing they put into around the park.

Upvote 0

bayoutinkbelle

My son gets out of school for the year on May 26. We'll be at WDW on May 27. Why wait? I don't know if it'll make much difference as far as crowds go, but I was banking on the weather being not as hot as later June, July, etc.

Upvote 0

Nepal

poohbear6103 said:
Hi all,
May 16th to the 21st
OR
June 6th to the 11th
Can anyone help?

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Jen Jen

May

I would definitely say May as well. Still a lot of kids in school then so not quite as crowded as June. Just make sure you're gone by the 25th...Pop Warner is going to be there again! :animwink:

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

Jen Jen said:
I would definitely say May as well. Still a lot of kids in school then so not quite as crowded as June. Just make sure you're gone by the 25th...Pop Warner is going to be there again! :animwink:

Geez, how often is this Pop Warner there?:veryconfu I was going to say May, too. The flower/garden fest is gorgeous, not as hot in May, hurricane season starts June 1, and May comes sooner than June. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom