May Hotel Discounts (Non AP)?

LizLovesDisney

Hello this is my first post,

I am wondering if anybody has heard of any hotel discounts for non-AP members or the possibility of any hotel discounts for non-AP members for May. Last year my boyfriend saw a discount code on this website and I wanted to surprise him this year because I really enjoyed our vacation.

Thanks for your help!!!!
Lizzie:kiss:

wannabeBelle

LizLovesDisney said:
Hello this is my first post,

I am wondering if anybody has heard of any hotel discounts for non-AP members or the possibility of any hotel discounts for non-AP members for May. Last year my boyfriend saw a discount code on this website and I wanted to surprise him this year because I really enjoyed our vacation.

Thanks for your help!!!!
Lizzie:kiss:
Hi Liz and welcome to the boards. I am afraid I dont have great news for you. With the advent of the Magic Your Way ticket program we have heard that there will not be any discounts given on packages. Have you been following the MYW program posts on here?? If not, Id suggest doing a search on the forums for it and take a look. On the bright side the MYW programs are pretty good as is and can have a dining package attached that I feel is incredible!!!! For more information from a reputable agent Id suggest you contact Pam of Kingdom Konsultant. She is the travel agent sponsor of these boards, a well respected member here and my own travel agent!! She can go over your individual situation, will know of any discounts that may be available to you and can guide you on the best way to put together a package that will suit what you want!!! You can reach her at 1866-566-7858. Good luck on that and once again Welcome!! Belle

Upvote 0

cj2me

Welcome Liz!

We are goign in May and went last May with the discount you are talkign about. There is only about a $50 different from last year with the new ticketing system using the MYW PLUS ticket.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Ok here is my deal. I got a code on line from someone, but was told it was a email or smail postcard code. However I read that people got the discount by calling because the pin number was "in your wdw profile" on some people and you quailfy for it.

So I called the 1800 number and asked. Sure enough it was in my profile and I got PORS for 79 a night (it was 59 for value, but the best deluxe was over 250 so we went for mod.)

PM me and I will give you the code, you can call and ask yourself. You may or may not get it. Good luck!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Please note....

Disney does send out special PIN offers to repeat guest by both postcards and by e-mail. When you read the offer carefully, you will see it is valid only for the family that the offer was sent to. These offers are not transferable. When you call with a pin number, the first thing the cast member does is validate the pin offer. If the guest on the phone is not from the same address the offer was sent to the system cannot search for availablitiy of the discount offer and the original family may be removed from all future mailings.

Want to be on the mailing list for a PIN code? Call Disney and price out a reservation at normal rate (don't ask for a discount). When the cast member asks you for your home address and especially e-mail address give it freely. You are now in the database. After you return from your trip, you will randomly recieve postcards and or e-mails at a rate of about 1 maybe 2 offers every other year.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

JPVonDrake said:
Please note....

Disney does send out special PIN offers to repeat guest by both postcards and by e-mail. When you read the offer carefully, you will see it is valid only for the family that the offer was sent to. These offers are not transferable. When you call with a pin number, the first thing the cast member does is validate the pin offer. If the guest on the phone is not from the same address the offer was sent to the system cannot search for availablitiy of the discount offer and the original family may be removed from all future mailings.

Want to be on the mailing list for a PIN code? Call Disney and price out a reservation at normal rate (don't ask for a discount). When the cast member asks you for your home address and especially e-mail address give it freely. You are now in the database. After you return from your trip, you will randomly recieve postcards and or e-mails at a rate of about 1 maybe 2 offers every other year.

I recived a flyer in the mail saying it was time for the "PhD Family" to take a vacation again (we went last year Jan) and it did offer specail rates. No codes, no pins. We are frequent guests (and DVC so we don't get rooms from CRO often anymore.) This rate was only good for Jan until Feb 18. We have gotten post cards in the past from time to time.

When I called a talked to a few different cast members (different occasions.) When I asked about this code they said it was ok for me, it was in my profile and I didn't need a pin.

I have reports from people who could't use it, reports from people who's situation was the same as ours.

Can't hurt to ask. :lookaroun or do they keep that in your proflie too? :eek:

On a side note, when I got the ressivations they were too much? Reason? They had us down as having 3 adults in the room. When I called today about it they had me down twice (Once with 1st name, once with longer verson of 1st name.) They fixed it with out a problem.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Sorry for the confusion, let me clarify. If you get a postcard offer that has a PIN number listed on it, then the PIN offer is non-transferable. If you get a postcard without any PIN number, then this is just Disney’s clever marketing. The rate on this postcard is really regular rack rates for the dates, room type and resort specified (normally this is advertising our value season rates.) This offer is valid for everyone who travels during these dates and stays in a standard room with 1 or 2 adults.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Ok,I understand your post, but let me clarify too. I was not emailed or mailed this code I used. I got it on line from someone who got it form a CM. I have been told that when some people try to use it they are not able to since it is a "email" code with a pin. However Disney has selected many people to use it, even if they don't have the email or smail or pin yet. So it is possible that even if you didn't get the mail code and pin, you are still eliagbile for it. (I was.) As far as I know it is not state (where you live) dependent. I apears to be a keep them coming back code. Good luck.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

This is very common. Many of the postcards that marketing sends out do get lost in the mail, and the emails get filtered by SPAM blocker quite often.

When the reservation cast member pulls up your household first and then starts a reservation, the PIN offer that was sent (but maybe lost in transit) will auto-populate in the discount field on the reservation. So when the system does its search, it will search for that discount first, if available.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

JPVonDrake said:
This is very common. Many of the postcards that marketing sends out do get lost in the mail, and the emails get filtered by SPAM blocker quite often.

When the reservation cast member pulls up your household first and then starts a reservation, the PIN offer that was sent (but maybe lost in transit) will auto-populate in the discount field on the reservation. So when the system does its search, it will search for that discount first, if available.

That makes sense. I was rather excited that I qualifed for it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom