May Crowds

KaneMarko

We are toying with the notion of going to The World mid May. We've never gone in May before and were wondering what the crowds are like. Anyone have any ideas of the crowd levels sometime around the 2nd and 3rd weeks of May?

Light, VERY light... we always go in May... It's perfect, not too hot, not too rainy. Spring break is over, summer hasn't started yet, and the Garden festival is still going on.
Should I go on? lol :)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The third weekend in May will be pretty crazy at DHS due to Star Wars Weekends and the premiere of Star Tours 2.0. The other 3 parks will have moderate crowds.

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

May crowds during the weeks you are looking at are generally very manageable. Just watch out for grad nites (last ones are May 6th & 7th) when Magic Kingdom shuts down to all guests at 7 p.m., and the opening of Star Wars and the Star Wars Weekend on the 20th - 22nd will almost definitely spike crowds at Hollywood Studios.

We're going May 8th - 15th this year, and were there the same week in 2007. On our last trip, using FP for the more popular attractions, I don't think we waited more than 15 or 20 minutes for any attraction for the whole week.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

Light, VERY light... we always go in May... It's perfect, not too hot, not too rainy. Spring break is over, summer hasn't started yet, and the Garden festival is still going on.
Should I go on? lol :)
Couldn't agree more! We always went in May, taking my daughter out of school for the week. My wife and mother always got their carnations on Mother's Day. Just a wonderful time of year!

Upvote 0

Larry Mondello

We're going May 8-13 and according to this chart it seems to be the perfect week. Grad night is over. Easter is over. Well before Memorial day and Star Wars activities. Most schools and colleges not out yet. Cheerleading ends May 1. No danger of any cool nights. Weather summery but not too hot.

2011-Weeks-8-11vsn.jpg

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

My husband & I go every year in May, generally picking the week in between grad nights & Star Wars weekends. It's a great time of year to visit - as everyone else has already said. We used to always go at Spring Break or Summer, and May is just far more enjoyable for us.

Touring Plans has May's numbers up, and they seem great for this year!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom