Trip Report May 7-14 First Time Visit!

First visit to DisneyWorld, and I have to say, I don't think I'll go back.

Honestly, it was great fun, but it's hectic, hot, and crowded. I thought I planned everything from fastpasses, dining plans, and park maps. Maybe I just didn't get a glimpse of the Disney Magic.

Resort - We stayed at the Contemporary, garden wing - no elevator in the building( had to take stairs or take elevator up from other building and walk through to our building) we ended up having our water shut off for about four hours one day, couldn't even flush the toilet. Really expensive for a room without running water. We ended up having to move to the Bay Lake tower, and I really would recommend staying there, it was gorgeous.

Rides - The rides were fun, but even with fastpasses take a lot of time to even get onto whether due to lines, or the hike to the actual ride.

Transportation - The Magic Express- we spent about 45 minutes waiting in line to get on at the airport, and the bus was absolutly packed.
The Disney buses- I don't know how it's legal to put that many people in such a small space. Honestly we had a couple where there were people pushed against the doors, standing, sitting ect. The monorail is great, but should have better signs of which monorail is which. The ferrys/boats were beautiful, and not too crowded.]

Food - The Californian was good, but the service and food at the Wave is absolutly amazing. We ended up eating there most of our trip.

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, and I know that a huge majority of people love their trip and their time at the parks. I hope that anyone going has a great positive experience, and we had a lot of fun. But we were definitly ready to head home.

smk

Sorry your trip was not all you wanted it to be. You correct, we are all WDW fanatics but at some point in each of our trips we have all had serious complaints as well.

For my family, we continue to go when we can because our fun trips have FAR out weighed any bad experience we may have had. I can honestly say we have never left there saying we would never go back, not once in a what seems like a million trips.

I gave up planning our days a long time ago, we fly by the seat of pants basically. If we all get a say in what we expect or want to see in one day then we pace accordingly. We don't make ADR's so we have the freedom to move around, we plan down days when we spend a day at the resort as well.

One day, I hope you give it another chance!

mrdrift

Sorry to hear about the Contemporary issues, but it does happen. Glad to hear that you were able to some fun and I understand, Disney Worlds is not for everyone. There are some trips that I'm glad to get home after a few issues. Thank you for your insights from your recent experience.

Runmyhorse

I think every trip we have taken since 2008 we have left saying never again. We really meant it this time. At least I thought we did we are actually booked for sept. We will give it one more go. It seems Disney has its issues, but it does have its plus side too. Our best trip 2008. Loved it. It was our first trip.

AliBite

Original Poster
I am thinking about trying Disneyland- it's much closer. We live in Oregon, so maybe the traveling had a lot to do with the stress.

Californian Elitist

I am thinking about trying Disneyland- it's much closer. We live in Oregon, so maybe the traveling had a lot to do with the stress.

I'm really sorry to hear about your trip. If you ever decide to go back, here's hoping your next visit will be more pleasant.

In regards to Disneyland, there's no scheduling of FPs, no reservations, unless you really want them, no buses or ferries and a monorail that's actually a ride. Everything is within walking distance, including the two parks which sit right across from each other.

sweetpee_1993

Was the elevator in the garden wing out of order or did you not see it? Curious.

We just went to Disneyland for the first time and stayed in the Disneyland Hotel. We were in the Fantasy tower on the 10th floor. During our stay 1 of the 3 elevators never worked, 2 of the 3 worked about 1/3 of the time. We ended up in a service elevator a couple times. It was crazy!

RMichael21

In my opinion, just because one trip is bad, it doesn't mean that others will be bad also. Let me just say this...

On our last trip in April 2013, during the spring break season and tremendous humidity, we were fine for the first 2 days or so of our vacation. However, on the 3rd day, we went to discovery cove and you have to put on a special sun screen so it doesn't hurt the wildlife. Well, I burn very, very, very easily so I covered myself from head to toe in that sunscreen. By the way, this was our first time at Discovery Cove so I didn't know what would happen. Anyway, the next day, I woke up and my face had broken out into hives, it has swollen up a tiny little bit and my face felt like it was on fire. So, I spent the rest of the trip in mild misery from that allergic reaction. Just because my body didn't agree with what I put on it, doesn't mean that I will never go back. In fact, this incident just makes me want to go back even more. Where I can go to my home away from home without my face looking like 1000 Mosquitos ate it and then I went to the tanning salon. I know this story doesn't apply to you, but I think you should reconsider your decision to never go back to the world. And let me just tell you, after every trip, my family has said we are not going back for a long time. We'll it just so happens that we have gone every other year for many years now. Finally, when I was little, my mother would always tell me this after I said I would never do this or that again...

Never Say Never. :)

I hope you reconsider your decision,

-RMicheal21

baloofigment14

Sorry to hear that. When it's hot out, it can take a lot out of you. If you go back again i would recommend going during off season in October or November when it is not as hot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom