Trip Club May 2015

We are going to use Disney's Magical Express for the first time this trip. I've read all of the recent Transportation board threads about DME and some ugly reviews about the service, too. We are scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 9:55 a.m. Are there any tips or suggestions I should be aware of before using the service?

We've used magical express for all our trips. I love it. Never had any problems and bags arrived in our rooms pretty quickly. Make sure your name and the luggage tag with your resort is on your luggage. My only complaint ever was just that it can sometimes take a while for a bus to arrive... but it's like every other line at Disney... hurry up and wait. ;)

Betsyboo

It will be our first time using the service as well this trip. Our flight doesn't land until 530. Would anyone suggest using the luggage service or getting it ourselves since I don't believe we would be getting our luggage until 8ish???
Depends on your plans for the evening. If you'd like to be ready for bed and light out by 9 I would pick up the bags. If you'll have a later evening I would let them deliver. It can take up to 3-4 hours for luggage to arrive. We've always used the service and never had a problem. You'll need to make the decision before you check your bags though as you won't want to use the yellow tags if you are picking them up. Also, remember that if you let Disney get your bags they deal with anything lost if you don't use the yellow tags it's on you.

stevehousse

Depends on your plans for the evening. If you'd like to be ready for bed and light out by 9 I would pick up the bags. If you'll have a later evening I would let them deliver. It can take up to 3-4 hours for luggage to arrive. We've always used the service and never had a problem. You'll need to make the decision before you check your bags though as you won't want to use the yellow tags if you are picking them up. Also, remember that if you let Disney get your bags they deal with anything lost if you don't use the yellow tags it's on you.
Thanks! I think we r just going to use the service. We plan on eating dinner once we get to our resort and then down town Disney probably or swimming mixed in! 29 days to go! Can't wait!

jlthomas81

Okay, so the last few month shave literally flown by! But now that we are just 47 days away....the time is standing still! Anyone else feel that way?! I know that it will speed up soon with the end of the school year events and such, but I want it to be May now...or like yesterday!

So..... my Magic Bands haven't shipped yet... should I be worried? I will have a heart broken little girl if she doesn't get her blue magic band.

3 more weeks!!!

popcenturylover

We are going in 2 weeks 2 days. Got ours 2 weeks ago but, my daughter still hadn't received hers. Her shipping info. says that it's on it's way & expected delivery is Sat. or Sun. I wouldn't worry too much it'll get there!;)

stevehousse

So..... my Magic Bands haven't shipped yet... should I be worried? I will have a heart broken little girl if she doesn't get her blue magic band.

3 more weeks!!!
Did you get an email with the tracking number telling you your bands have shipped? Also where do you live? We will be there May 5-12 and got our bands about a week and a half ago

Belleyellow

May 13-19. Staying at Sports. 27 more
days!!! Dining and FastPasses selected. Received email that our Magic Bands have shipped. This will be our first time taking DME to the resort.

ToTBellHop

I don't have my ME info /tags yet and I leave May 2nd. Hopefully they're on there way!
Better call Disney to check on that. ME tags ship out about 40 days out. They may not have your flight info. This happened to us on our last trip. Not a big deal, just call them up to be sure. Even if you don't get the tags, they can still bring your bags for you, it's just an extra step (you give them your luggage claim tickets when you arrive in MCO). We got our ME tags earlier this week for a 5/19 arrival.

stevehousse

You should have your tags at least 2 weeks before you depart. I don't think I ever gotten my tags at 40 days out. This upcoming trip, I got my MBs a few days before I received my travel tags.

jlthomas81

We leave the 26th, but haven't received anything yet! However, I think our TA will get most of our documents and then bring them to us :) Magic Bands should be shipping out in about 10 days I would guess.

EmmieSue

Disney seems to be all messed up with shipping stuff out. We have three groups. A and B are going 5/5-5/12 and C is going 5/8-5/12. Group A has double of their mickey luggage tags and travel guide, but no bands or ME info/Tags. Group B has double of their ME info/tags, their magic bands, but no mickey tags/guide. Then group C just has their bands.

My sister who is organizing it all is going to call again tonight to see what is going on.

ToTBellHop

You should have your tags at least 2 weeks before you depart. I don't think I ever gotten my tags at 40 days out. This upcoming trip, I got my MBs a few days before I received my travel tags.
Shrug. We always get out ME tags at about 37 days out, so I assume they ship at about 40. Last time we didn't get them and called at two weeks out and were told it was too late to get tags, so we had to give our baggage claim tickets to the ME host in Orlando. Wasn't a huge deal; just added five minutes to our wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom