May 1 - 4

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
What are the prediction of crowd levels on May the 1st through the 4th? So far, everywhere I've researched, it says crowds are usually pretty low during the first week of May. Yet there are still fully booked FP+s and no dining reservations available for some restaurants. Pop Century was the only resort available online. Ect. So I'm just curious!

We're going to HS on the 1st, then MK, EPCOT, then AK.

What are the crowds in Avatarland like during EMH? (8 to 9 am)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
What are the prediction of crowd levels on May the 1st through the 4th? So far, everywhere I've researched, it says crowds are usually pretty low during the first week of May. Yet there are still fully booked FP+s and no dining reservations available for some restaurants. Pop Century was the only resort available online. Ect. So I'm just curious!

We're going to HS on the 1st, then MK, EPCOT, then AK.

What are the crowds in Avatarland like during EMH? (8 to 9 am)
That's like five days away. Even the slowest day of the year is going to be mostly booked this close.

Lines for the Avatar rides will get crowded very quickly. Even during EMH, get there first thing as quickly as possible.

Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
"Low" crowds are now moderate. When looking at crowd calendars its always best to think a little higher than what they state. I'm going the week after you, and fully expect to have wait a bit. What is nice, however, is that spring breaks are pretty much over at this point, and with it being close to the end of the year, not as many parents will pull their kids out of school. I would say take a look at the crowds today on MDE and they will be pretty similar.

The EMH in Pandora, I couldn't answer that. My husband loves to sleep in, so I have never done the morning EMH. I don't think the crowds will be too terrible, but they will definitely be present. :) Have fun!

Upvote 0

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
"Low" crowds are now moderate. When looking at crowd calendars its always best to think a little higher than what they state. I'm going the week after you, and fully expect to have wait a bit. What is nice, however, is that spring breaks are pretty much over at this point, and with it being close to the end of the year, not as many parents will pull their kids out of school. I would say take a look at the crowds today on MDE and they will be pretty similar.

The EMH in Pandora, I couldn't answer that. My husband loves to sleep in, so I have never done the morning EMH. I don't think the crowds will be too terrible, but they will definitely be present. :) Have fun!

True true. I just did a quick update and noticed that the park recommendations changed to me having to switch MK and HS around!

Upvote 0

dieboy

Booking anything at WDW five days ahead normally will entail mostly full dining reservations and heavily full fast passes. I wouldn't take that as an indicator on how busy the parks actually will be. We tend to travel down this time of year on the regular. Made the mistake of earlish april this year .. was pretty busy. On the regular though, last week in April and first week of May, are usually quieter than most of the rest of the year.

Upvote 0

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Booking anything at WDW five days ahead normally will entail mostly full dining reservations and heavily full fast passes. I wouldn't take that as an indicator on how busy the parks actually will be. We tend to travel down this time of year on the regular. Made the mistake of earlish april this year .. was pretty busy. On the regular though, last week in April and first week of May, are usually quieter than most of the rest of the year.
We just got back to Pop from Disney Springs!! Pop is quiet! Disney Springs was not crowded! And the weather is AMAZING!! This’ll be a great week ☺️

Upvote 0

beachlover4444

If you arent booking fast passes and dining 60 days out its rough. Even 30 days out is tough. Even if I stay off property because I get Hilton Team Member discounts, I always book my first night at a Disney hotel so I can book dining and FP as quick as possible. But they do open up FP on the day of sometimes you can get lucky keep checking daily, hourly.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom