MaxPass question

ProfSlim

Original Poster
Question as a first time MaxPass user for an upcoming trip to Disneyland.

I have a family of 5...we all plan to add MaxPass to our tix. My question is, does each family member need the Disneyland app on their devices and then have to scan their own park tix into their own device...and then, each of us book 5 our own separate fastpasses, each time, throughout the day (if we all want to ride the same ride at the same time) ?

Or can I simply have the app on my device only, scan in all 5 of my families tix onto my device and then assign five FPs (one per each of my family tix) ? Any insight appreciated...I can't seem to find a clear answer to this question.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Question as a first time MaxPass user for an upcoming trip to Disneyland. I have a family of 5...we all plan to add MaxPass to our tix. My question is, does each family member need the Disneyland app on their devices and scan their own park tix into their own device...and then, each of us book 5 seperate fastpasses, each time, throughout the day ? Or can I simply have the app, scan in all 5 tix onto my device (and therefor account) and assign five FPs (one per tix) ? Any insight appreciated...I can't seem to find a clear answer to this question.

Just, one phone, one app. You can scan all the tickets onto your one device.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Thank you Andrew !! That was the fastest reply I've ever seen :) One follow up question, do you know if there is a limit to the number of individual tix one can enter per device/account ?

I really don’t know. I imagine if there is a limit it would be pretty high.

Mjt5126

Literally planning my first DL trip in 24 hours due to having leaving Hawaii due to the Hurricane. Is the MaxPass worth it or are we okay with just doing the old fast pass system?

Disneylover152

Literally planning my first DL trip in 24 hours due to having leaving Hawaii due to the Hurricane. Is the MaxPass worth it or are we okay with just doing the old fast pass system?

MaxPass is 100% worth it. You can be waiting in line to meet Mickey at Toontown and immediately make a fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers. Rather than having to walk across the entire park, walk through the esplanade, wait to get into the park, walk to the Bugs Land Area and then wait on a line to make your fastpass. Even non-park hopping it’s worth it.
We bought it for 3 days and didn’t regret it. It’s worth the price alone without the free photo pass feature. Defiantly buy it and make as much fast passes and take as many more pictures as you can!

Also, so sorry about the hurricane! I remember hurricane sandy was the worst being in NJ. I hope you and your family members stay safe! And have fun at Disneyland! I just went for my first trip in April so feel free to dm me for any questions!

Phroobar

Yea! Screw all of those poor slobs in the stand by line!
iaam-logo.jpg

Stevek

For $10, I would absolutely do it. Much more convenient to be able to make the reservations from anywhere in the park.

beachlover4444

How do I scan the ticket into my phone? I carry an iPad Air 2 with me on trips and I have an Android sprint phone. We come in January 2019 for 4 days. I love the WDW website but in my Disney experience I find nothing about Disneyland.

Disneylover152

How do I scan the ticket into my phone? I carry an iPad Air 2 with me on trips and I have an Android sprint phone. We come in January 2019 for 4 days. I love the WDW website but in my Disney experience I find nothing about Disneyland.

These are some great videos on how to use Maxpass:

I walked into the resort knowing very little about Maxpass (only knowing it was $10 for fastpass; didn't know about photopass either) and watched these two videos during breakfast at the hotel in the morning of my first park day. They were very helpful!

Disney Irish

Premium Member

The Disneyland App is available for both iOS and Android devices.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/download-disneyland-mobile-app/

Once you open the app you should sign into your Disney account (or sign up if you don't have one).

The menu will have "My Tickets". You can click on the plus and select "Link Tickets & Passes". From there you can scan your ticket into the app using the camera.

There are plenty of YouTube videos out there, here is Disneyland's:

ProfSlim

Original Poster
I started this thread as I had no experience or idea about how MaxPass worked....but for anyone going to Disneyland the extra $10 per person for MaxPass is a no-brainer !! We had a party of 14, all loaded into one account/iPhone app and managed to hit every FastPass possible ride we wanted to... It takes a little bit of planning, but being able to book your next FastPass as soon as your current FP starts is perfect.... as an example if you have a 12:10p-1:10p window for Space Mountain, at 12:11pm take a look at FP options in the app and book your next FP. As we waited 5 min in line for Space, we already had a 1:30pm for Big Thunder.... we did this all day... and we needed to...although the cast members indicated that the crowds were low...every E-Ticket ride had at least a 60min wait...not for us :)

aaronml

Nice. I wonder if this means that you’ll be able to see what color seating is available on the Disney app?
Has anyone tried out MaxPass/FastPass for WoC yet since thie update to add MaxPass support? I’m curious how they are now handling the different color-coded viewing areas now? Does the app show your viewing area? Do they still have different view areas?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom