Max Pass vs My Magic Plus.

Disone

Original Poster
Well, I just got back from Disneyland and got to experience their Max Pass. I assume it was like WDW's My Magic Plus, except they charged you 10 per person per day for it. Turns out this is NOT the case.

Max pass is neither a paid version of WDW's fast pass system nor a DL version of it. It is a digital version via your phone, of the current legacy fast pass system the DL still has in use.

Unlike WDW, most DL attractions are NOT fast pass attraction. In general only the true E-tickets are fast pass attraction, but even those have exceptions. Pirates for example, still does not use FP, and from my understanding, while Haunted Mansion Holiday does, the normal version of Haunted Mansion does not.

First, they did slight update the legacy system. It is still included in the park admission, and like before you go to the desired attraction, scan your ticket, and like before it spits out a paper ticket with your return time. But that paper ticket is just a reminder for you, as it is no longer collected. Instead when you return you scan your ticket. We were a half hour late to our Space Mt. return time, and the system denied us. A CM came over and spoke to us and said we were well outside the window, and after discuss as to why she let us in. In doing so, she scanned our tickets, touch something on our her mobile device and I tickets scan turned green instead of blue.

Max pass cost $10 and for this introductory price they include unlimited photopass down loads. A single download of an attraction image capture is $11.95 so that's a deal right there. But it is 10 per person for a larger group the photopass benefit diminishes.

What that $10 also gives you is the ability to see the current Fast Pass return time at ALL the fast pass attraction at both parks via the app, and grab one of your choosing. And just like a legacy fast pass, 90 minutes later or at the start of your return time (which ever comes first) you can grab another Fast Pass. That is it. It saves you from having to walk to the attraction to get a fast pass, and it allows you to see all the fast pass return times.

You cannot use (or even buy!!) max pass until after you have Entered the park! My tickets were a park hopper, so it did allow me to book DL fast passes while I was physically in DCA. I Grabbed a Buzz Lightyear fastpass, while watching World of Color.

Unlike WDW, you do not get to choose from a variety of return times, Max Pass gives ONE return time, and that time is exactly the same as the return time being given to those who are using the legacy system and physically scanning there tickets at the kiosks.

If an attraction broke down during your max pass return time, the App notifys you and lets you choose any other FP attraction with one catch. We had a return time for roger rabbit but when we came it was closed, space mountain had given out 100% of its fast pass inventory for the day. As a result we could choose any other FP attraction except space Mountain. It was suppose to be as simple as just redeem your Roger Rabbit fp at any other attraction except space mountain but one issue did bubble up.

We came to Roger Rabbit with 5 minutes to spare in our window. I had not notice the App telling me it had changed my fast pass plans until the CM at roger rabbit pointed it out to me. Okay so we went to Big Thunder, but that turned out to also be closed:( So we went to Small World and we were denied because we were outside our return time. I had to explain this to the CM's, and eventually they understood and let us in. Not a big issue but wonky.

One day I didn't use it, but at end of the night I became curious about my photos and bought it. I had made note of the codes of three on ride attraction photos from earlier in the day. So I paid the $10 at 11pm just to see if it would let me get all three of those photos I had taken earlier in the day. It did!!!! wow! I should have tried from a previous date but I didn't think to until just now.

Overall liked Max pass alot! It does not turn DL into an experience of having to book everything days in advance. It allows for the fast pass inventory to be use 100% by the population that is physically present in the park. It saves you time by allowing you see and obtain fast pass on the other side of the park, or even at the other park, with out having to go there.

Mystic

Actually, you have your attractions confused. Haunted Mansion is always fastpass accessible, whether it's got it's Nightmare Before Christmas overlay or not. I've ridden it in February and in December and it's been on fastpass. It's Small World that is not always on fastpass. They have only put it on fastpass for the Christmas season because it is super popular with it's holiday overlay.

drizgirl

Actually, you have your attractions confused. Haunted Mansion is always fastpass accessible, whether it's got it's Nightmare Before Christmas overlay or not. I've ridden it in February and in December and it's been on fastpass. It's Small World that is not always on fastpass. They have only put it on fastpass for the Christmas season because it is super popular with it's holiday overlay.
Haunted Mansion has been on and off with FP in recent years. I'm sure it's here to stay now though. Just like I'm sure Small World FP is here to stay even after the holiday season is over. When you add electronic FP for sale, you need numbers available to keep justifying the sale when inventory runs low on other rides.

Disone

Original Poster

Not confused. Here is a zoom in of a park map. Note splash has a FP designation symbol next to it and Haunted Mansion does not. In the very least there have been times where the regular Haunted Mansion did not utilize fast pass. I've been there where the kiosks are they are but they just weren't using them.
Screenshot_2017-12-07-10-44-07.png

Mystic

But the kiosks are there, therefore they still have fastpass, they just are not using it that day because the number of guests does not warrant the need for it. Small World has never had fastpass up until this holiday season.

Disone

Original Poster
But the kiosks are there, therefore they still have fastpass, they just are not using it that day because the number of guests does not warrant the need for it. Small World has never had fastpass up until this holiday season.

Maps are not made for individual day. There was a time where the kiosk were only used for the holiday Haunted Mansion and not the regular Haunted Mansion. You can go back and look at several versions of previous year's maps and you will see that they do not list Haunted Mansion as a FastPass attraction. I understand they do use it now, but they didn't used to.

Disone

Original Poster
You can purchase it online as an add-on when buying your tickets, I saw it as an option yesterday - but that may be new.
Yes it is an option online, and yes It looks like you can but when you actually get it but once you click to purchase it will tell ask you to scan a ticket, and then tell you that ticket has not been used for admission yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom