Maui look-alike from Disney's 'Moana' admits to swindling fans

Miceberg

Original Poster
What a loser. Glad Disneyland revoked his AP.

But something tells me that even if Disney had never created the Maui character for a movie, a jerk like Kyle Paala would get himself into trouble anyway.
It does seem you are correct in your assumption!

westie

If all you have to do to get into Club 33 is impersonate a Disney character then call me a Hat Box Ghost!

TROR

Ok, the guy's an absolute scumbag, but why did he get his AP revoked? I know impersonating characters on property is against the rules, but it doesn't seem like he's in costume at Disneyland soooo. Glad he did get his AP revoked, though, simply because I hate his type in the parks, just don't get why his AP was revoked.

Miceberg

Original Poster
Ok, the guy's an absolute scumbag, but why did he get his AP revoked? I know impersonating characters on property is against the rules, but it doesn't seem like he's in costume at Disneyland soooo. Glad he did get his AP revoked, though, simply because I hate his type in the parks, just don't get why his AP was revoked.

I'm just guessing here, but maybe this?

"Facebook posts showed Paala at Disneyland posing with fans."

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From the DisneyLand AP terms and conditions.

Disney reserves the right to cancel, suspend or revoke any Passport or deny Theme Park admission to any Passholder at any time for any reason.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/annual-passport-terms-conditions/

Odds are he was posing for pictures and signing autographs in the parks.

TROR

From the DisneyLand AP terms and conditions.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/annual-passport-terms-conditions/

Odds are he was posing for pictures and signing autographs in the parks.
I'm just guessing here, but maybe this?

"Facebook posts showed Paala at Disneyland posing with fans."
That's kinda odd. Does this rule extend to actual celebrities? I'm guessing no since I recently saw a photo of Daisy Ridley and a fan at what appeared to be a Disney park.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That's kinda odd. Does this rule extend to actual celebrities? I'm guessing no since I recently saw a photo of Daisy Ridley and a fan at what appeared to be a Disney park.
It is more about regular guests posing as characters where they could be mistaken for a CM. That is a big no-no.

TROR

It is more about regular guests posing as characters where they could be mistaken for a CM. That is a big no-no.
I guess Daisy Ridley would qualify as a Disney cast member, then. That is what I thought the rule was, though, which is just why it seemed odd to me that he'd get his AP revoked since he's not in a costume. I do believe he's able to get a new AP now, correct? It's not a permanent ban from the parks?

Phroobar

I remember going to a Star Wars fan day at Disneyland. One guy was dressed up as Ben Kenobi. After pictures, he started his own meet and greet in front of the Jungle Cruise. He was there for about an hour until cast members kicked him out. He was generating a long line.

Rich T

Disney would probably let Daisy Ridley go inner tubing in the Small World flume if she wanted to. If I went into DL dressed as... (thinking about what character I'd pass as)... Mr. Smee... and posed for a lot of photos, I'd expect to get bounced at the very least and maybe have my pass revoked (if I had one).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I guess Daisy Ridley would qualify as a Disney cast member, then. That is what I thought the rule was, though, which is just why it seemed odd to me that he'd get his AP revoked since he's not in a costume. I do believe he's able to get a new AP now, correct? It's not a permanent ban from the parks?
No clue, but a permanent or long term ban would not surprise me.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The issue is that he represented himself as a Disney employee, which he wasn't at the time, and then proceeded to profit from it. This is a big no-no.

The Mur

Well the report also said he was "selling" Disneyland tickets that were bogus so that probably would warrant a revocation as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom