Matterhorn

D

Deleted member 107043

I mean, come on, Knott's has one. Magic Mountain has one. Three of the four parks up here in Northern CA have one.

Yeah, but only Disney's is set in a location on the water's edge and tells a story. I'm no fan of Dumbo, but even I can appreciate it in the context of Fantasyland.

ForeverAnna

But I've lived in Utah for more than 20 years and been to Lagoon twice. It's less than an hour from me too. So I'm glad Disneyland has swings.

captainmoch

I think Swings is up there with Dumbo and Teacups in terms of incredibly fun and well-themed (yet very basic) flat rides, IMO. The combination of music, views, going over the water, etc. makes it really fun.

Phroobar

But I've lived in Utah for more than 20 years and been to Lagoon twice. It's less than an hour from me too. So I'm glad Disneyland has swings.
I love Lagoon! It's like a cheesy version of Knott's. I love the two dark rides they have. Dracula's castle is so bad it is great! I like the coasters and the pioneer area in the back. Relatives wonder why I want to go to Lagoon when I live close to Disneyland.

dweezil78

I did enjoy riding the swings... at every carnival I've ever attended. :D I mean, come on, Knott's has one. Magic Mountain has one. Three of the four parks up here in Northern CA have one. They should put a swinging pirate ship beside it and complete the set.

Okay, I'm not sticking with that argument because I know: Mickey, location, view, etc. I did ride the Orange Stinger, and P.U., was that ever stupid. Looking forward to trying the swings with the greatly improved view.

BUT, if they ever decide the demolish the swings for something amazing... are you really going to compl... Never mind. I cried over the Frontierland pancake thing...

Look, scientifically, there is no reason for the swings to be anything special. I get that. Somehow, some way, they just seem to work! Definitely don't let your memories of the Orange Stinker taint the experience -- stripping it down and going old school with it kicked it up several notches.

And if they can find something better to replace them someday, so be it, I'm sure I'll live. :)

Stevek

I think Swings is up there with Dumbo and Teacups in terms of incredibly fun and well-themed (yet very basic) flat rides, IMO. The combination of music, views, going over the water, etc. makes it really fun.
Add Fliks Flyers & the Astro Orbiter (or Aladdin & Triceratops at WDW) to that list. They're all basically similar attractions but done with a Disney touch that sets them apart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom