Mattercam pictures of the Tower's conversion

Phroobar

Original Poster
2016-10-04%2006_46_06-Mattercam%20LIVE%20_%20Howard%20Johnson%20Anaheim%20Hotel%20and%20Water%20Playground_zpspzusolud.png

GiveMeTheMusic

Them converting the ride with the tower still open is like ripping off a band aid nice and slow. At least they'll have the exterior done sooner so they can hear the public opinion of its final appearance and make alterations before the ride is open (hopefully)

If the new ride opens in June as planned, it will be a minor miracle. The current timetable doesn't allow a lot of wiggle room, so I wouldn't expect any early finishes unless something changes.

Animaniac93-98

If the new ride opens in June as planned, it will be a minor miracle. The current timetable doesn't allow a lot of wiggle room, so I wouldn't expect any early finishes unless something changes.

I don't see how they are going to make all those changes inside in 6 months.

Not unless it's just installing pre-fabricated pieces and adding some new paint.

D

Deleted member 107043

I don't think I've ever seen piping look good when exposed. It makes something look incomplete, or cheap. I don't like the idea of Disney putting a bunch of piping on the outside of one of the most visible buildings in the resort.

The Centre Pompidou in Paris is an architectural landmark notable for its external piping.

centre-pompidou-paris-france-aan33c.jpg

If you're ok with a devastated hotel as a landmark in a Disney theme park why are some pipes problematic?

Last edited by a moderator:

britain

I have no complaints about the pipes. I think they are not including enough pipes, nor are they adding enough do-hickeys and filigree to the top of the tower. The model looks half baked.

That's kinda ugly...looks like it's covered with scaffolding. Just not my cup of tea I guess.

Seeing it in person is pretty cool! The pictures don't do it justice of how intricate all of the piping is. It's also a modern art museum, so the exterior fits that theme very well!

I agree with whoever said there's nothing wrong with Disney adding pipes, it's just that the scale model really looks lame. I knew we wouldn't be getting exactly what the concept art showed, but throwing on some pipes with light bulbs attached and spray painting random parts of the building and then adding what looks like a Morrocan court yard is just weird. I'm still reserving full judgement until it's complete, but so far I'm not that impressed. At least they're covering the scaffolding with a scrim.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom