Mattehorn idea from Mr. Nunis?

jt04

I believe the rumor that WS is slated for an E ticket and Jim Hill did post a rumor about a water ride going in somewhere and Honor Hunter mentioned some imagineers want to "landscape" the Soarin' building exterior. So, I am guessing no Mt Fuji for now.

I believe almost all NEW projects are slated for DHS and AK and that is as it should be. AK definitely needs a new land IMHO.

CSUFSteve

I believe almost all NEW projects are slated for DHS and AK and that is as it should be. AK definitely needs a new land IMHO.

While I definitely agree DHS needs help, I think AK is OK. (Clever, I know.) Now, if they want to rip out Dinoland and put something oh-so-slightly more tasteful, that's fine; or if they want to put in Beastly Kingdom, I'm fine with that too :)

But evertime I go to AK, I'm glad I did. That park impresses me every time; the attention to detail is stunning. I'm tempted to say it's just as true to its theme as DisneySea. While I have my littany of attractions I always do, I could just easily wander the Park and be content. The tiger ruins are amazing.

jt04

While I definitely agree DHS needs help, I think AK is OK. (Clever, I know.) Now, if they want to rip out Dinoland and put something oh-so-slightly more tasteful, that's fine; or if they want to put in Beastly Kingdom, I'm fine with that too :)

But evertime I go to AK, I'm glad I did. That park impresses me every time; the attention to detail is stunning. I'm tempted to say it's just as true to its theme as DisneySea. While I have my littany of attractions I always do, I could just easily wander the Park and be content. The tiger ruins are amazing.

Not sure if you have been to AK since EE opened but it is very crowded at times. A new "land" (South America or Austrailia) would help spread the crowds. Even if it is only restaurants and shops and construction walls where new attractions are going it would help. I don't think there is any way they can remove Dinoland before they add a new land because then people would not be able to move because of the crowds. I too am very impressed with AK. I believe it could easily become the best 2nd gate at WDW if they made the investment. Money well spent! :D Of course the same can be said for DHS if done right.

RSoxNo1

The most plausible rumors I've heard for the parks have centered around DHS at the moment. The rumors about new things coming to the Animal Kingdom don't seem to be conclusive other than a nighttime show within the next few years.

mathew-westfall

Yes, it does. The mist effect is an on or off kind of thing. Perhaps it runs out of water over the course of the day...

Unfortunately, the mist was interfering with the ride sensors at the top of the mountain before the reverse portion. We more than likely will not see this effect returning. Unfortunate, it was a neat effect.

mathew-westfall

Thank you, it's done all the time. Many people mistakenly seem to think that a road is an unmovable barrier.

Unfortunately the canals would be harder to move and contain than the roads.

How right you are, canals are harder to move. However, we did move a canal in the Studios backlot recently.

EPCOT Explorer

The original idea was *always* to have three lagoons. The central large one that we know as World Showcase Lagoon is the only one that made the final cut. The other two were to be smaller lagoons behind the other countries, just as described here. In the end, the three lagoons would intentionally form a very large hidden mickey, as well as give a great deal of expansion room for future countries.

I'd say you have nothing to worry about these days, given that they rarely pay attention to the countries that they DO have (asside from the Canada film that was talked about for years). The odds of them being in dire need for that much expansion room is almost laughable at this point. One new country's construction would be shocking - let alone "running out of room" and a frantic scramble to find space for others.
Sad,but true...Although they do have *some* room between countrys....Oh,well,we should wory about FW 1st.

primetime52

They built the Matterhorn. They just called it Everest. I do like the snow idea though.

Actually I recall that Space Mountain was supposed to be WDW's answer to the Matterhorn. It uses a very similar track, ride system, and vehicles. They wanted to give WDW a different and unique version of what the Matterhorn had to offer.

It wasn't until Epcot opened that they considered building the Matterhorn (in a Swiss pavillion that never came to be) and then they thought about building Mt Fuji.

jt04

DHS needs the most help at this point. Rumors are pointing to lots of help on the way :D

I agree and hope you are right. But I still think they could create a new land at AK even if it only had a minimal amount of attractions, at least it could absorb people. This is what they did when Asia first opened. At first there was only stores, places to eat and a nice animal trail. It couldn't have been that difficult or expensive. Just a thought.

(Maybe then they could sell Dinorama to someone on Sand Lake Road)

raven

The other ideas was for the Magic Kingdom, he talks about putting the Mattehorn over the train tracks at the back of FantasyLand. I especially love his quote how they would have real snow as the train went through the inside of the mountain.

Because that would be realistic...snow on the inside of the mountain. :rolleyes:

CSUFSteve

Not sure if you have been to AK since EE opened but it is very crowded at times. A new "land" (South America or Austrailia) would help spread the crowds. Even if it is only restaurants and shops and construction walls where new attractions are going it would help. I don't think there is any way they can remove Dinoland before they add a new land because then people would not be able to move because of the crowds. I too am very impressed with AK. I believe it could easily become the best 2nd gate at WDW if they made the investment. Money well spent! :D Of course the same can be said for DHS if done right.

Yeah, have definitely been since Everest. I LOVE Everest. IMO, it's the best ride Disney's done since our Indy and your ToT. I have no other way to describe it than it's just so dang FUN, in every way.

I definitely notice that Everest created quite a bump in AK's attendance, but I haven't noticed an overall significant impact in terms of crowd flow. That is, the pocket that forms at the intersection of the Discovery Island to Harambe bridge and the walkway from Asia to Harambe is still as much of a mess as it ever was. But I haven't noticed traffic in the Kali / Maharaji Jungle Trek area is any worse, nor Dinoland congestion. I don't ever observe that there are that many people in Dinoland that I feel it significantly helps offload traffic from the mainland. Obviously, Everest area traffic is bad. And the L-shape traffic area extending from Tough to be a Bug to the Camp Minnie-Mickey turnoff has always been bad too.

But I do agree: I didn't mean to suggest Dinoland should be removed and not replaced. Rip out Dinoland and put in something (which could pretty much be anything) better. Rhode must cringe every time he's forced to catch it in his peripheral vision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom