Massive power outage effecting Magic Kingdom Resorts

Splashin' Ryan

Ugh! guess I'll have to restart the board again
Sign-DaysSinceInjury1-Yellow__83882.1525717521.png

deix15x8

I'm surprised they haven't figured out a way to have an onboard battery. You'd think with all the battery technology we now have it would be possible to have enough onboard electric to ensure safe passage to the next station in the event of a loss of power on the line.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm surprised they haven't figured out a way to have an onboard battery. You'd think with all the battery technology we now have it would be possible to have enough onboard electric to ensure safe passage to the next station in the event of a loss of power on the line.
That would require investing in the monorail fleet. Not exactly a hallmark of the Iger/Chapek era.

Splashin' Ryan

I don't know. If you run out of gas do you tell people your car broke down?
The monorail didnt break down it lost its power source
omg, it was just to be a funny "haha the monorail got stuck on the beam again for the 4th time with 30 days" joke.

My sincere apologies I didn't say "the monorail's power source cut out, therefore cutting power to the rails conducting electricity preventing the monorail to accelerate further, causing the wheels to slow and momentum to stop, creating a monorail with no kinetic energy to move any further"

I'll try to be more precise in my wording next time to avoid any confusion and sense of humor

pdude81

omg, it was just to be a funny "haha the monorail got stuck on the beam again for the 4th time with 30 days" joke.

My sincere apologies I didn't say "the monorail's power source cut out, therefore cutting power to the rails conducting electricity preventing the monorail to accelerate further, causing the wheels to slow and momentum to stop, creating a monorail with no kinetic energy to move any further"

I'll try to be more precise in my wording next time to avoid any confusion and sense of humor
The image looked like it was a joke, but the reaffirmation not so much.

OG Runner

I am sorry, but has no one here ever "lived" through a power outage. Was the power outage determined by where you were living or
how much money you paid to live where you were? Power outages happen, not often, but they happen. I understand also that it is
inconvenient, but I really think some of these responses are a bit overboard. Was anyone here that responded actually at WDW and
effected by this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom