Masks that coaches use

Dixie0102

Will Disney allow the kind of masks that you see coaches wearing on tv? They are two layers but kinda see through. They are expensive and the inner layer is supposed to really stop particles from going through. Would like to get some but not if not allowed since they are expensive. Thanks

Tealeaf

2F5TE66NSZAYJLKQGFJHF4ZLZ4.jpg
Is it this sort of mask? I would personally opt for a cheaper one just because I worry about the mesh covering causing a bit of concern.
neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings at Walt Disney World.
'Course, it doesn't say if the mesh can be as a topping layer, but it looks rather ambiguous.

Upvote 0

Dixie0102

Original Poster
2F5TE66NSZAYJLKQGFJHF4ZLZ4.jpg
Is it this sort of mask? I would personally opt for a cheaper one just because I worry about the mesh covering causing a bit of concern.

'Course, it doesn't say if the mesh can be as a topping layer, but it looks rather ambiguous.
Thanks! Was wondering about that part.

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

Technically they fit the Disney face covering rule (two layers, ear loops etc). But, because they do LOOK transparent, you might be stopped by a few CMs (wether they'll be understanding or not would vary case by case). To save the hassle I would't choose those.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

This is the mask. Not expensive and it is effective (but not as effective as washing your hands and covering your mouth with your elbow when sneezing or coughing :)): https://store.helmetfitting.com/product/active-mask/
Looking at the pictures, I would guess Disney would say no. This looks like mesh. Regardless of how effective your mask is, there’s no way for them to tell if the person behind you in a mesh mask also bought a “good” one or just bought a mesh mask. They do look pretty great though.

Upvote 0

Dixie0102

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help. I was afraid that was going to be the answer. My husband has already had covid and will be fully vaccinated soon, so he was hoping he could wear this lighter weight mask when we go.

Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I'm curious if anyone else has worn this type of mask or any other mesh-like face mask into the parks, and if they had any push back from wearing it. This mask looks comfy, but not sure if it's allowed: https://www.mission.com/collections.../adjustable-sport-mask?variant=32730761396317

My kids have asthma and won't do well in the parks with cloth face masks.
That more looks like only the outer layer has a meshy design so it probably be okay but I haven’t been there so I couldn’t say for sure.

Upvote 0

macefamily

There's a Covid/BLM commercial that I just saw this morning. All black celebrities and athletes. I noticed one of the last guys they show walking down the street is wearing a leather mask. How does that medically work or is it just a fashion statement ?

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

I'm curious if anyone else has worn this type of mask or any other mesh-like face mask into the parks, and if they had any push back from wearing it. This mask looks comfy, but not sure if it's allowed: https://www.mission.com/collections.../adjustable-sport-mask?variant=32730761396317

My kids have asthma and won't do well in the parks with cloth face masks.
As long as they wear it with the ear loops (not the gaiter or band version) they should be fine though it does look rather thin.

Upvote 0

GA_Steve

I purchased a white one of these specifically for a trip to Orlando and Disney. The mask is much more comfortable than anything else I've tried. I saw a number of the pink and black ones around the park. My white one, got flagged a number of times and I switched to cheap paper one that they were happy with.

My experience is the white does get flagged, but the other colors seem fine. They are so much more comfortable than anything else I've tried. I definitely recommend them for Disney, just carry a backup.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom