Masks required while lounging at pools?

HarperRose

Original Poster
I know masks are required while walking around public spaces at the resorts and to and from the pool. Are they also required to be worn while lounging in chairs by the pool? I read what it says on the WDW site, but the wording is vague.

Is there someone who has visited recently who can confirm?

nickys

Premium Member
I know masks are required while walking around public spaces at the resorts and to and from the pool. Are they also required to be worn while lounging in chairs by the pool? I read what it says on the WDW site, but the wording is vague.

Is there someone who has visited recently who can confirm?
From several recent trip reports, you have to wear one going to and leaving the pool side, but once you are at the pool side, you can remove the masks whether on a lounger or going to the pool. But if you then need to go to the rest rooms or pool bar you need to put it back on.

HarperRose

Original Poster
From several recent trip reports, you have to wear one going to and leaving the pool side, but once you are at the pool side, you can remove the masks whether on a lounger or going to the pool. But if you then need to go to the rest rooms or pool bar you need to put it back on.
Thank you.

I knew they would be required walking around but was unsure of when you're still and sitting on a chair.

megustamex

Just got back yesterday from the Contemporary/Copper Creek. A cast member came around at the Contemporary and explained that you need to wear the mask only when walking out of the gated pool area, including to use the bathroom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom