Mask free areas

ELG13

Original Poster
I know when they first opened they let you walk and eat or drink but now are required to eat and drink in designated areas? What about a straw under the mask?? Also, can we still bring our own snacks and drinks? Do they give our free water still??

You have to be stationary to eat or drink. You cannot walk around eating or drinking, even if that means stuffing a straw up your mask. You have to be sitting or standing still, away from others, and actively eating or drinking in order to remove your mask. You cannot eat or drink in line for attractions or in stores. My family was told we could not sit on any of the walls or curbs, but had to be at a table or on a bench in order for it to be acceptable to remove our masks and eat. We were also told to put our masks back on within seconds of finishing the last bite of our food and that we could not step off to the side of a walkway to drink. It had to be in an area away from other guests, such as a seating area for a restaurant or one of the mask-free relaxation zones.

You are still allowed to bring your own food and drinks, but the same rules apply.

There is still free water, but most of the restaurants no longer allow you to just walk in and get some. You have to use mobile order for the restaurants now, so you have to find a stand that has water, or one of the smaller locations that will allow you to just walk in and order.

ELG13

Original Poster
You have to be stationary to eat or drink. You cannot walk around eating or drinking, even if that means stuffing a straw up your mask. You have to be sitting or standing still, away from others, and actively eating or drinking in order to remove your mask. You cannot eat or drink in line for attractions or in stores. My family was told we could not sit on any of the walls or curbs, but had to be at a table or on a bench in order for it to be acceptable to remove our masks and eat. We were also told to put our masks back on within seconds of finishing the last bite of our food and that we could not step off to the side of a walkway to drink. It had to be in an area away from other guests, such as a seating area for a restaurant or one of the mask-free relaxation zones.

You are still allowed to bring your own food and drinks, but the same rules apply.

There is still free water, but most of the restaurants no longer allow you to just walk in and get some. You have to use mobile order for the restaurants now, so you have to find a stand that has water, or one of the smaller locations that will allow you to just walk in and order.
Wow sounds intense but makes sense. I was hoping a straw under the mask would be ok since it's less exposure than removing a mask fully, even in designated spots. I saw a mask with a straw hold built in to a fold..it was actually pretty cool how they did it since it was in a fold it didn't allow for exposure but I didn't think it would fly for Disney. Did you find that there was ample locations for you to eat and drink when necessary? I assume there is plenty of signage letting you know where it is ok and not ok to take a mask off. I think we might have an issue if we buy, say popcorn, at a cart but have to travel a solid distance to eat it just because our 6yo has autism and doesn't get things like that..he will once we show him so I'm not worried about it being an ongoing issue but just wondering if there are places scattered all over that are ok for eating and drinking.

ppete1975

i would suggest watching some of the youtubers ... they eat all the time and show you some good spots... timtracker is a good one as is superenthused as far as seeing how the eating and drinking works.

ELG13

Original Poster
i would suggest watching some of the youtubers ... they eat all the time and show you some good spots... timtracker is a good one as is superenthused as far as seeing how the eating and drinking works.
Ok I'll do that tonight!! I never thought that people would youtube it but then again I fall asleep to people tapping lids on youtube so I shouldn't be surprised 😂😂😂

We were there in October and December. Not once did anyone tell us we could not eat or drink while stationary anywhere. We were on benches, curbs, wooden decks in Frontier Land and waiting outside restrooms. Albeit we always made sure we were not close to others. Furthermore, we were never asked to put our mask back on after eating at any restaurant. Only if you got up from the table. For the most part I have seen the Cast Members only get on people walking through the park while eating or drinking. Stationary is the key as we were even allowed to drink water in lines as long as we were stationary and on our marks.

ELG13

Original Poster
We were there in October and December. Not once did anyone tell us we could not eat or drink while stationary anywhere. We were on benches, curbs, wooden decks in Frontier Land and waiting outside restrooms. Albeit we always made sure we were not close to others. Furthermore, we were never asked to put our mask back on after eating at any restaurant. Only if you got up from the table. For the most part I have seen the Cast Members only get on people walking through the park while eating or drinking. Stationary is the key as we were even allowed to drink water in lines as long as we were stationary and on our marks.
Ok that's good to know. I don't expect Disney to be like the old Disney but I do want to have my expectations and knowledge and check because the last thing I want to do is go and cause issues for cast members trying to track us down or educate us.

Ok that's good to know. I don't expect Disney to be like the old Disney but I do want to have my expectations and knowledge and check because the last thing I want to do is go and cause issues for cast members trying to track us down or educate us.
The Cast Members I have seen are all very professional as you would expect. The only time a voice may be raised is when someone gets up at a restaurant to go to the restroom or another reason and forgets the mask. They mostly tap someone on the shoulder or very softly remind the mask must cover your mouth and nose. I forgot to mention, you cannot just sit somewhere and remove the mask. This must be done at one of the relaxation stations.

Club Cooloholic

None of this is intense or hard. Is it convenient as in the past? Nope, but our family including 2 grade school kids had no problems this last trip. Plenty of places to sit and grab a bite of you need to.

ELG13

Original Poster
The Cast Members I have seen are all very professional as you would expect. The only time a voice may be raised is when someone gets up at a restaurant to go to the restroom or another reason and forgets the mask. They mostly tap someone on the shoulder or very softly remind the mask must cover your mouth and nose. I forgot to mention, you cannot just sit somewhere and remove the mask. This must be done at one of the relaxation stations.
Ok so relaxation stations are where we can remove masks for no reason but if we want to eat and drink we can do so as long as we are not moving? Or at one of the designated areas obviously.
None of this is intense or hard. Is it convenient as in the past? Nope, but our family including 2 grade school kids had no problems this last trip. Plenty of places to sit and grab a bite of you need to.
Maybe thorough was the word I was looking for. I don't anticipate any issues. We've been avid mask wears since March or April essentially so it's pretty much a second skin at this point. I wouldn't mind if they kept stricter guidelines in place for a while just to make it safe.

Giss Neric

Wow sounds intense but makes sense. I was hoping a straw under the mask would be ok since it's less exposure than removing a mask fully, even in designated spots. I saw a mask with a straw hold built in to a fold..it was actually pretty cool how they did it since it was in a fold it didn't allow for exposure but I didn't think it would fly for Disney. Did you find that there was ample locations for you to eat and drink when necessary? I assume there is plenty of signage letting you know where it is ok and not ok to take a mask off. I think we might have an issue if we buy, say popcorn, at a cart but have to travel a solid distance to eat it just because our 6yo has autism and doesn't get things like that..he will once we show him so I'm not worried about it being an ongoing issue but just wondering if there are places scattered all over that are ok for eating and drinking.
Don't think too much of it. It's not that intense. There are lots of nooks and crannies within the park that you can go and distance yourselves from other people. Just make sure there are tables and benches as sitting curbside is not allowed. There are also designated "relaxation zones" in every land where you can take off your masks.

Chef Mickey

I’ve been at WDW 40 days since reopen. They don’t actually do a good job enforcing the walking and eating issue. People do it all the time. They do an OK job stopping people from eating in queues.

Free water is still available.

ELG13

Original Poster
Thanks y'all!! It sounds like it's pretty much as I expected, which is a good thing. I definitely think this will be a good test run before our longer trip in April. We will have a 10m old and my mom with us so I like that I'll be able to go and get a handle on things now. Worst case scenario I figure the restrictions will be the same so we will know what to expect...maybe that's how I should have sold hubby on this trip to begin with instead of begging lol. Just tell him it's a fact finding trip lol

Goofnut1980

Double goes for us... We were there September and December.. It was exactly as you stated.

ELG13

Original Poster
Double goes for us... We were there September and December.. It was exactly as you stated.
Perfect! Thanks y'all. So as long as we are seated somewhere safely distanced we can eat and drink but I'm order to just remove masks we have to go to one of the relax areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom