Mary Poppins: The Musical

IcicleM

Original Poster
For those of you Musical fans out there, and fans of the wonderful Mary Poppins movie, you will soon have a chance to see it on Broadway coming this November.

Currently, the partically perfect Mary Poppins is playing in London, but she's picking up her parasol and heading far over the ocean to land in Disney's newly refurbished New Amsterdam Theatre in New York City, where The Lion King is currently playing. If you're wondering about the quality of this show, you needn't fear. This one is a smash it over in England, and it'll be even more welcome over here. Here's a few images and even a clip to a video that was taken from BBC Television when the cast of Mary Poppins were doing a televised fundraiser for Children's funds. Tickets went on sale for the show, today at 9:00 AM
mary_poppins_poster.jpg

_41029667_pp_130405poppins2_203-715524.jpg
Mary%20Poppins.jpg

julie_at_poppins1.jpg

The last picture was a picture taken on March 17th, 2005, with Gavin Lee as Bert, Laura Michelle Kelly as Mary Poppins, and the wonderful Dame Julie Andrews, when Julie attended the performance for a charity event for Children.

Here's a video of "Practically Perfect"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bZWOmSq-pYw&search=Mary Poppins musical

Following that performance was the extremely great and newly choreographed "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=An-0Lj0HiNQ&search=Mary Poppins musical

When Mary Poppins comes to New York City, Gavin Lee will come along with it to reprise his role as Bert. Ashley Brown will play Mary Poppins. Currently, she's on Broadway with Disney's Beauty and the Beast as the role of Belle.

IcicleM

Original Poster
Which is why you should DEFINETELY try getting tickets now, while it's early, for New York.

I know that within the next week or so, my mum and I are going to buy our tickets. I'm VERY excited.

I REALLY hope you can get tickets for the show.

arielbabe

IcicleM said:
Which is why you should DEFINETELY try getting tickets now, while it's early, for New York.

I know that within the next week or so, my mum and I are going to buy our tickets. I'm VERY excited.

thank you

barnum42

Nice videos, thanks for the pointer. Just in case, to let you know, they were not taken on the actual stage, but in a TV studio as part of a telethon. :wave:

nicholas

IcicleM said:

Please don't wait that long unless you only want horrible seats. It's already virtually sold out into next spring.

nicholas

danzingcutie12 said:
Are you serious?? We were hoping to get tickets when we go to see Tarzan this Weds.
Well, there are still some "decent" seats left. But almost everything I would consider a good seat is GONE. Most good seats were swiped up during the Visa presale, or during the first day or two of sales to the general public.

Aim for a weeknight performance for your best chances.

RonAnnArbor

Having seen the show in London as well -- I wanted to pipe in on the ticketing - the seats in the first few rows, and the far sides are the worst in the house - don't get them. The entire show is designed in forced perspective, and you will miss all of the lighting effects in the front, and not get the proper dimensions from the sides. The balcony, though, is a great place for the show - the entire production is drawn in broad strokes of light and set, and you will not miss anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom