mary poppins on broadway

steviej

Original Poster
Has anyone ever seen it? I saw it and was blown away. I got tix for my mom for this last christmas.

Now if you know me, I'm all about the yankees, giants, and anything sports or mob movies. So to hear me bragging about a broadway show is something, but it was incredible, if you ever catch yourself in NYC, do yourself a favor and catch it, you won't be sorry!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
On my list, have already seen Phantom, Chicago, Memphis & Lion King!

Mary Poppins is def next :)

RonAnnArbor

Loved it -- I saw it in London before it moved to Broadway. Then I saw it in NYC with some of the subtle changes it made, and loved it there too...
For those who can't see it in NYC, it's going on its second year of touring around the US...

bsigler80

I have seen it twice. The first time being on it's first leg of it's US tour, the second being two years later. It's a great show but the second time around was a little lack luster.

steviej

Original Poster
Loved it -- I saw it in London before it moved to Broadway. Then I saw it in NYC with some of the subtle changes it made, and loved it there too...
For those who can't see it in NYC, it's going on its second year of touring around the US...

what were the changes if you don't mind? :)

CaptainShortty

what were the changes if you don't mind? :)

I know one change is the "Temper, Temper" song was taken out and changed between London and NY. It's the scene with the children in the attic when the toys come to life. Not sure if that's the change that's being mentioned but it is nonetheless. I've seen the show twice on Broadway, once with the original cast when it first opened and once this past January when a friend of mine was in it as Michael Banks! Both times were truly fantastic! Even cooler was that my friend took me and my sister up on the stage and we got to see all the backstage areas. Super, super neat! (And got to check off one of my bucket list items of standing on a Broadway stage!)

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Fun fact: the actress currently playing Mary, Stephanie Leigh, acted in adult films back when she couldn't find other work. She used a different last name at the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom