Marvel

disneycraze

Original Poster
Sorry if this has been said or anything I'm sorta new to the the whole Marvel Disney/ Universal thing. Also not sure if this should go in the Universal section but yea. So my best friend works at Disney and she knows EVERYTHING there is to know about Disney. So she told me that Universal put Marvel in the park before Disney bought it, so when Disney bought it rather then saying keep Marvel in the park or knock it down right now, they made a contract saying Uni can keep Marvel in IOA but not expand it, but when the contract ends , Uni has to rename all the rides and redo them. But she did not tell me when this contract ends so she believes ( I honestly don't believe this) , that when this contract ends Disney has plans for a Marvel themed Park. Off topic but she said that Disney might announce a 5th park on WDW 50 th anniversary

Fractal514

Sorry if this has been said or anything I'm sorta new to the the whole Marvel Disney/ Universal thing. Also not sure if this should go in the Universal section but yea. So my best friend works at Disney and she knows EVERYTHING there is to know about Disney. So she told me that Universal put Marvel in the park before Disney bought it, so when Disney bought it rather then saying keep Marvel in the park or knock it down right now, they made a contract saying Uni can keep Marvel in IOA but not expand it, but when the contract ends , Uni has to rename all the rides and redo them. But she did not tell me when this contract ends so she believes ( I honestly don't believe this) , that when this contract ends Disney has plans for a Marvel themed Park. Off topic but she said that Disney might announce a 5th park on WDW 50 th anniversary

I don't know why you doubt her. I hear she knows EVERYTHING about Disney.

lazyboy97o

Sorry, but your friend is giving you bad information or flat out lying to you. The contact has been posted, discussed and analyzed at length. There is no new contract and the current one does not expire.

disneycraze

Original Poster
Sorry, but your friend is giving you bad information or flat out lying to you. The contact has been posted, discussed and analyzed at length. There is no new contract and the current one does not expire.

I thought that at first to but others who worked at Disney confirmed this to be true

WDW Fan-atic

Uni has a contract with Marvel. Disney bought Marvel including that contract. Uni still has a contract and doesn't have to change anything until that contract runs out. And don't be surprised if it's renewed at that time.

disneycraze

Original Poster
It's not true. A new contract would be public record and Universal has absolutely no benefit in to agreeing to one.

I thought the same thing like why should Uni agree with the contract ? But several Internet sources said that it was so they didn't have to shut Marvel down immediately. Jeez I'm so intrigued in this topic. Overall, I think this is far fetched I just posted the thread cause I wanted to know if others heard this, etc.

disneycraze

Original Poster
Uni has a contract with Marvel. Disney bought Marvel including that contract. Uni still has a contract and doesn't have to change anything until that contract runs out. And don't be surprised if it's renewed at that time.

This makes sense and this is what she was trying to explain to me.

lazyboy97o

The contral will never come up for renewal because it never expires.

I thought the same thing like why should Uni agree with the contract ? But several Internet sources said that it was so they didn't have to shut Marvel down immediately. Jeez I'm so intrigued in this topic. Overall, I think this is far fetched I just posted the thread cause I wanted to know if others heard this, etc.
Your Internet sources are wrong too. The land has never been in jeopardy of being shut down. Universal can keep the land forever (literally, not figuratively) and the royalties they pay increase only with inflation. This has all been discussed. If somebody else does not do it first, I will post the link to the actual contract so you can read it for yourself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom