Marvel

WDW Fan-atic

Original Poster
It seems as if Marvel people are starting to be appointed to key positions in Disney. I'm wondering how long it will be before we start seeing their influence in the parks. I dread the thought of Marvel management having any influence over the parks or resorts. I fear the tail will one day wag the dog.

WDW Fan-atic

Original Poster
Not sure what you mean by that. I don't think Walt would have given Ike Perlmutter such a huge block of stock. I don't think he would have given him a toe-hold in his precious business.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My point is that any company that does not bring in new or different talent risks going stale. Walt would have likely done the same thing as he did it throughout the building of the organization from the ground floor.

Fractal514

And you have absolutely nothing to base that on, just your own personal biases against a company that I'm betting you know very little or nothing about.

Marvel is a company with a long history and wonderful characters, you might find one or two you would enjoy.

NoChesterHester

My point is that any company that does not bring in new or different talent risks going stale. Walt would have likely done the same thing as he did it throughout the building of the organization from the ground floor.

Exactly. Marvel is a company based in creativity and storytelling. It isnt like the accountants are coming to take away fun ..

TalkingHead

Marvel speculation? Again? :brick:

Is there nothing new and interesting going on at WDW? :shrug:

Someone wake me up when '74 shows up again.

Magenta Panther

It seems as if Marvel people are starting to be appointed to key positions in Disney. I'm wondering how long it will be before we start seeing their influence in the parks. I dread the thought of Marvel management having any influence over the parks or resorts. I fear the tail will one day wag the dog.

I hear THAT! :(

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No

So the same thing happened with Pixar and John Lasseter was it such as bad idea. You bring in creative people to be in charge and they make things better...

jmani56

Just because somebody is involved in Marvel doesn't mean their goal would be to shove superheros down our throats throughout the parks. I love Marvel characters, but I also recognize the integrity of Disney parks and would be very careful on how I mixed the two, if at all. Creative people usually can appreciate different types of creativity, and we should give this Marvel guy more credit than we are.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I have two grandchildren and the girl is a big Disney fan due to the princesses and the grandson is all wrapped up in superheroes. I think bring Marvel into the Disney family of parks is going to add to the experiences of young boys and the number of families wanting to visit Disney Parks.

Luigi

I have two grandchildren and the girl is a big Disney fan due to the princesses and the grandson is all wrapped up in superheroes. I think bring Marvel into the Disney family of parks is going to add to the experiences of young boys and the number of families wanting to visit Disney Parks.

This. :sohappy:

Mickey_777

In comic book circles the fear is actually that Disney is going to be too much of an influence on Marvel. Not the other way around. Marvel has an image to maintain and the Hulk walking around on Main Street would really kill that. I'm not worried. Disney and Marvel didn't get where they are for nothin'.

WDW Fan-atic

Original Poster
I'm not talking about creative people or characters. I have a fear of the senior management at Marvel. If they had their way Wishes would be five minutes long so they could save money on fireworks. The business end is where they will do their damage. A Marvel exec could be on the Disney board soon. This is not Pixar we're talking about.

But never mind that. Why the ridiculous level of hostility and "I've heard it all before." There are some know-it-all d-bags on this forum.

lebeau

I'm not talking about creative people or characters. I have a fear of the senior management at Marvel. If they had their way Wishes would be five minutes long so they could save money on fireworks. The business end is where they will do their damage. A Marvel exec could be on the Disney board soon. This is not Pixar we're talking about.

Who from Marvel is getting a key position at Disney?

I will say that Marvel's business model these days is to cut costs in the extreme. My understanding is that is coming from the top. They aren't making the goals Disney has set for them, so upper management at Marvel is cutting costs in some unsettling ways.

Since this is being done largely to please the new bosses at Disney, I don't think you have to worry about it bleeding over to Disney. But I could be wrong.

Can you be more specific with your concerns?

GLaDOS

I will say that Marvel's business model these days is to cut costs in the extreme. My understanding is that is coming from the top. They aren't making the goals Disney has set for them, so upper management at Marvel is cutting costs in some unsettling ways.

Yup. From the sounds of things some people at Marvel have been butting heads quite a bit with the higher ups at Disney as well. I really worry how this could end for the House of Ideas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom