Marvel Studios' Echo

MarvelCharacterNerd

Looks interesting. But for me, this is still a branched universe with an exaggerated #notNetflixKingpin. Though a variant version of him is still worth checking out at some point.

BrianLo

Same reaction as everyone. I frankly could have skipped this series, but now it actually looks worth checking out.

It is also the first D+ Marvel series with a TV-MA rating. Didn't think they would do that, but it spells good news for Daredevil.

Finally... all the episodes on a single day? They are making a lot of experimental choices with this one... I hope it works out for it and the takeaway isn't to avoid experimentation.

doctornick

I wasn’t expecting much from this before. And after watching the trailer… I still am not. While it might end up being higher quality than I previously expected, I am not a fan of the gritty/dark ambiance for comic book properties.

So this will probably be a “I’ll try to watch it when I have time” than a binge it right away for me. That said, if others are looking forward to it, great. Hope it is good and enjoyed.

The good news (for me) is that it sounds like this is being somewhat detached from the rest of the MCU by being under a new Marvel Spotlight banner.

erasure fan1

I feel She-Hulk got a lot of necessary hate because it was terrible.
Yea, I know some people enjoyed it. But I found nothing redeeming about it. It just wasn't good. It deserved all the criticism it got in my opinion.
Finally... all the episodes on a single day? They are making a lot of experimental choices with this one...
I thought that was an interesting thing for them to do. Is it because they are trying something new? Or is it that they just don't have any real confidence in it? Their whole strategy for the weekly release is to reduce churn. So they only seem to drop full seasons for things they don't think will move the needle on subscriptions. Muppets mayhem is one of their best series, but we all know Disney doesn't really care that much about the muppets and that was dropped all at once.

MickeyMouse10

The trailer looks great, but that's what I thought about Moon Knight. Then they turned the main character into a wimp, who had to be saved over and over by the female version of Scarlet Scarab.

MickeyMouse10

I just heard that they plan to change her powers, which doesn't make sense. Her name is Echo, because she can Echo people's abilities. Her name would be Spirit, if she just talked to Spirits.

Tha Realest

I appreciated what they tried to do with the character, and the issues involved in putting the audience in her shoes. I think the problems are more how to tell the story rather than the story itself. It seems they’re sidestepping thus somewhat by making this The Daredevil and Kingpin Show You Loved From Netflix 2.0.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Ghost93

Here's a new spot for Marvel Studios' Echo. Episodes drop at 6pm PT/9pm ET on January 9, 2024 (previously January 10, 2024).

I'm going to watch Echo and think it might turnout decent, but I found that trailer to be unintentionally hilarious with how much it's trying to push "THIS IS A DARK Marvel show with EXTREME MATURE CONTENT!! Look at these hardcore kills!" It's like Disney is trying to make the show seem forbidden to drum up interest and entice kids to sneak around and change the parental controls to watch. 😂

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm going to watch Echo and think it might turnout decent, but I found that trailer to be unintentionally hilarious with how much it's trying to push "THIS IS A DARK Marvel show with EXTREME MATURE CONTENT!! Look at these hardcore kills!" It's like Disney is trying to make the show seem forbidden to drum up interest and entice kids to sneak around and change the parental controls to watch. 😂
This isn't your grandfather's Disney.

This is your grandfather's war-stories Disney.

Phroobar

So how is this Family Entertainment that Disney built their reputation with? For this kind of stuff they used to care and put it under a completely different banner. Now you can watch the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and rated R murders and get verbally abused with f-bombs every ten seconds instead of actual well written dialog all on the same streaming service called Disney+. They wonder why families question going to a Disney movies anymore.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So how is this Family Entertainment that Disney built their reputation with? For this kind of stuff they used to care and put it under a completely different banner. Now you can watch the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and rated R murders and get verbally abused with f-bombs every ten seconds instead of actual well written dialog all on the same streaming service called Disney+. They wonder why families question going to a Disney movies anymore.
If only there was some way to restrict what your children actually watch on these streaming services 🤔
Oh I forgot. That requires personal responsibility 🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom